ITS F**KING COLD!!!!!

Noise
This post is 4464 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just rode the bike into work this morning and MY GOD!!!!!! nasty, frosty, numb, snotty running snout, BRRRRR!!!!

but apart from that and a few little niggaly probs with the bike it was a nice ride lol

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Seems I'm not the only one then that rides in all weathers! well done noise!

I only saw two other bikes, normally see at least 10 (mostly scooters)...but not today!

I've been riding with the handlebar muffs on these past few weeks and my hands were only slightly chilled but not as cold as they were with just the gloves exposed! bearing in mind its minus 4 this morning plus the wind chill of riding through it, I think the muffs worked bloody brilliantly, shame they look like shite! but with only 2 other bikers to see them I don't think they gave a toss!

The coldest parts were my thighs, my fullface and balaclava kept the cold out of my face but the cold air rushed over the tank and straight into my lap so poor old percy shrivelled up!!! :o

Hope it recovers!!

Have to park it somewhere warm tonight.................and the bike!

Na i was the only biker out this moring, one other guy turned up at work on his fazer but no one else.

My right hand was numb and my left middle finger was shagged but the rest of me was still warm (ish) full face halmet helped but i had a choice, either have the visor down and have the wind freeze my forehead or have the visor on one click and have a warm forehead but frozen eyes lol. O and the buttom on my trousers froze to my belly! ouch lol.

Im sure after a day or two percy will return lol

its like a summers day here in manchester its only minus 6 here,had a hospital appointment at 0830 passed a few bikes on the way,must be a hardy bunch up north :jossun:

the only downside snow forecast for tomorrow and i was looking forward to a good ride on my new bike :hyper:

put the winter layer in my gear just before christmas. got some new gloves at the MCN show yesturday, so going to try them out tomorrow morning, my fingers feel it worse than the rest of me.

its like a summers day here in manchester its only minus 6 here,had a hospital appointment at 0830 passed a few bikes on the way,must be a hardy bunch up north :jossun:

the only downside snow forecast for tomorrow and i was looking forward to a good ride on my new bike :hyper:

Yer we got snow on the forecast tomorrow and Sunday then rain up till Wednesday so im happy ive got out on her today, atleast now i know nothing has or will fall off (checked the bolts 3 time when building her) and i also know what i have got left to do to make her run better too.

And @ tgsm7, take it easy tomorrow if you take the bike out if it dose snow, cage drivers turn into bigger twats in the snow!

Freezy Forehead is not fun!

TBH, I'm keeping more of a watchful eye on the road surface. Now we live out in the country, local roads have lots of those shaded patches on tight bends that hide frost and ice oh, so cunningly!!

Rode home from work and all was going great then went down through a little village n some dick was washing his cage and on the road was a (no joke) massive ice block! Like a mini glashier, lucky a rode around it, desaster avoided.

rode back from oxford yesterday, the XJ wouldnt start under its own power so i had to jumpstart it off the kia, heated grips werent working because the connector had fallen off the battery, rode home 35 miles and was frozen, rode back to benson about 7-8 and had to stop every 10 miles and thaw my hands out over the engine, pretty sure the XJ was suffering from a bit of carb icing aswell as it was doing the hop-skip-jump coming into the services

Nooooo, way too cold for riding to be a) anything other than an ordeal or B) safe (ice patches on the road, or cold numbing the brain). Nope, it's the cage for me for the next few days!

Not doing bad this winter, only 5 trips to work in the car so far, but bloody hell it was cold last night at 11.30pm coming home, glad its only 7 miles each way

Both bikes passed the mot this week, both insured on dual bike policy £140, still can't bring myself round to getting rid of the Dragstar, been using it as the winter commuter hack

Just rode the bike into work this morning and MY GOD!!!!!! nasty, frosty, numb, snotty running snout, BRRRRR!!!!

Blimey Noise, I thought us servicemen were hardy. I've been riding my bike into work at 06:00 every day this week only wearing a teeshirt and thong. :lol:

Seriously though, I have been riding the bike into work at 06:00 every morning and the only thing that gets cold is the tips of my fingers. I feel that I'm going to get frostbite so when I get to work I wrap my hands around the rear silencer, no kidding.

................ it was doing the hop-skip-jump coming into the services

that's just your riding technique Foams :)

yea i gotta agree its f****ing cold!!

i went to the bike club on wed night

on the drive back home it was that cold my screen froze up

went out today and it was fine great day

all i can say is "roll on global warming" i think scotland would be great with tropical weather haha

if the dogs won't go out in the morning , the bike stays in the shed

Plus if it don't start it stays in the shed too!!!!

My DT wouldn't start this morning!...................got it going eventually, but I've noticed when the temperature drops, she's not so willing to spring into life! takes quite a few kicks to get her going!

When the temp is around 3 degrees and below, I get difficulty starting.

My 400/4 always starts, but then its electric start and I keep the choke flaps shut between rides to stop the cold air getting in...not sure it works like that but it certainly starts each time when i do. The choke on the DT doesn't work the same does it!

.........My 400/4 always starts, but then its electric start and I keep the choke flaps shut between rides to stop the cold air getting in...not sure it works like that but it certainly starts each time when i do. The choke on the DT doesn't work the same does it!

No mate, its a starter jet that happens to say 'choke' on the knob

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online