Jump to content

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation since 07/16/2022 in all areas

  1. I am renovating a '77 DT250MX which was one of just 450 specials supplied to the Danish army. It has uprated front forks and an extended fuel tank as you can see from the picture. I have been able to source most parts that I need but two items are yet to be found, namely a complete exhaust system and the side cover for the airbox which when it is available is at an astronomical price due probably to their scarcity. So I have decided to try and make one. I have the air filter end cover which is held onto the airbox with 3 screws but what I need is a clear picture showing how the outer cover is attached to this inner cover. It looks as if it was with some sort of rubber hinge but I would like to have details of this. So if anyone can take pictures and either post or send to me direct it would be greatly appreciated. Here is a picture of my bike as is and another of how I hope it will look when finished
    2 points
  2. Thank you very much jcr, that's a really good article. Unfortunately, I'd already taken most of the steps explained there. I ended up with a pulley wheel that was so corroded it broke up, lots of snapped bolts and an exup valve that was seized so tight in the housing that I think someone must've welded it there for a laugh. I managed to break the exup blade trying to get the damn thing out. To replace all the parts was in excess of £700, versus 294 for a Black Widow system. I'd recommend the Black Widow solution very highly. Beautifully made, perfect fit, brilliant delivery and the bike sounds awesome now. Absolute bargain and no more exup misery.
    2 points
  3. I think you'll find i replied to one of your other posts on this subject shortly after you posted it. plus... did you mean to post a WANTED!! in the FOR SALE section??
    1 point
  4. The Black widow exhaust is a really good fit all round, but I'm glad Snakebite68 voiced his concern about the proximity of the exhaust to the fairing. The sides of the belly pan were close enough to cause me to space them out a bit. Probably not the fault of the system, to be fair, more to with the bendy brackets.
    1 point
  5. I didn't use the paste on the gaskets, no need, they were proper crushable jobs. I used the paste on the sections that joined together, but, honestly, they were that good a fit and a generous overlap that I could likely have done without it Hoping to refit the belly pan and possibly fairing tomorrow- I'll be sure to post a full review of the proceedings on here. That may get to Wednesday tho, hoping to have a look at a Tuono Factory tomorrow evening. I sold my 1200 Tiger Explorer last year, with every intention of stopping riding after my missus was diagnosed with breast cancer. But she's recovered well from surgery and chemotherapy and I'm finding the bike bug, after 50 years, is still strong. Won't be going touring anymore, which is what I bought the Tiger for, but I'm struggling to do without one.
    1 point
  6. i've booked talybont farm at brecons now for that weekend.
    0 points
×
×
  • Create New...