2 Stroke gathering and YOC camping weekend 2014

Airhead
This post is 3510 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

The longer you wait the worse it will be.

25years ago (oh fuk) my test was 20mins of follow my leader and a couple of questions. After passing pt1 which was easy.

Lot worse now and wont improve.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Put me on the "maybe" also. It's a long way from Portsmouth, is anyone else going from this neck of the woods ?

Im only down in Yeovil mate, im ok with meeting you in Southampton? im on the Maybe list too as not sure if the wife can get the weekend off work to look after our little girl

Noise, as I said before if you come up the M5 then I can meet you as well. tho to be honest I have been looking at the A road routes rather than the M/way as my bike is 34 years old and I will not thrash it 200 miles up the m/way.

The longer you wait the worse it will be.

25years ago (oh fuk) my test was 20mins of follow my leader and a couple of questions. After passing pt1 which was easy.

Lot worse now and wont improve.

mine wasn't even that.

off road test to see if I could handle the bike (yea right, after a 2 hour ride to get there,as I lived in N Devon and the test centre in Bridgewater I think)

then back in Manchester and tootle round the block 4 times with a man and a clipboard watching me every 2secs as I passed him by. (so that's 8 seconds of road assessment!)

I'm an auld cnut and my test (1981) consisted of only the 2nd part of your experience drewps, followed by a couple of highway code questions and off with the L plates

OG's keeping quiet I see, mainly because his licence is in Latin

OG's keeping quiet I see, mainly because his licence is in Latin

It's his birthday soon, he is about 2 weeks older than me. I just rode around the block and there was a skip lorry dropping off a skip en route so I got about 2 laps in and and emergency stop.

All you old people !!!! What don't make me laugh even I don't consider my self old . I took my first test in 1963 a very similar test to many of you as it didn't really change for years, it was a busy city centre test centre 4 to 6 riders sent out to ride round the block as you approached the guy if he put his clip board up in the air that was the signal for you to do your emergency stop.

My second test was due to the dvla cocking up and not adding my bike to my new photo licence and me not checking it and riding about with no licence till I was stopped as part of a routine stop,fair play to the police they took one look at me and my age and said sort it or if we stop you again we will throw the book at you .

We'll CBT done theory test done and then the farse a guy in a car following me I was fitted with an ear piece four times he lost me and told me to head back to the test centre where he told me I had pased and he was off inside as they had a bet going as to who had the oldest person to tes, he must have been pleased when I turned up. LOL

Did my test in 1968 I was 16 and knew it all, yeah right !!, passed as the instructor didn't want to get wet and he watched me from the tea room as I went round the block, I bought the tea, then we had a bun and I rode home, it's a wonder I didn't die as the only training I had was riding round a mates field at the weekends when I was 14 till I was old enough to ride legally. I think it cost about £4 to take your test back then.

Noise, as I said before if you come up the M5 then I can meet you as well. tho to be honest I have been looking at the A road routes rather than the M/way as my bike is 34 years old and I will not thrash it 200 miles up the m/way.

well if Niko meets me in Yeovil then we can meet you up the M5, either way im happy.

It's his birthday soon, he is about 2 weeks older than me. I just rode around the block and there was a skip lorry dropping off a skip en route so I got about 2 laps in and and emergency stop.

Another one who took their test with a bloke walking in front of the bike with a red flag, anyroad OG must be old, he were telling me the other week, how he remembers when Stonehenge was all fields
  • Like 1

Get a recovery package. Always an asset even if it is only a puncture that holds you up.

Last year a few of us met in Nottingham - along the A1. Andrew on his SR (Cambridgeshire/Beds??), Cynic on his TDR250 (Northhants) and me on my Suzi TS250 (Leicestershire). I guess that it will be much the same this year except I will probably be on one of my RD400's and there was talk of possibly other members meeting up with us too. It is well worth the trip, even if you ride half way the night before and book into a hotel.

2wheels comes over from Ireland - at least once on his DT125 and Blackhat rides down from Scotland. I don't know any Southern based members who could ride up with you.

There are a couple of videos of the Saturday rideout from Squires - on the Saturday - on my video wall. LINKY

Sounds good, you'll have to let me know nearer the time where exactly you meet ?

Im only down in Yeovil mate, im ok with meeting you in Southampton? im on the Maybe list too as not sure if the wife can get the weekend off work to look after our little girl

Thanks for the offer, I really appreciate it. It's a bit out of your way though. You presumably go from Yeovil to the M5, so coming to Southampton would be quite a detour for you.

well if Niko meets me in Yeovil then we can meet you up the M5, either way im happy.

Ah right, I just read on through the messages. I could come to you Noise and we meet up with Slice and take the A roads - sounds good !!

Bloody ell lads ,you"l be on for the farthest Travelled rosette this year, :yeah: mind set the trip. meter,, i might ride the 250 down, we"l see what weathers like that weekend,, :jossun:

Bloody ell lads ,you"l be on for the farthest Travelled rosette this year, :yeah:

Bugger off! if im coming all that way on a fifty im 'avin it! :hyper:

shall we have some medals/certificates for certain "challenges"?

furthest travelled

most breakdowns

most pissed etc?

I'll give the most pissed one a good go

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

shall we have some medals/certificates for certain "challenges"?

furthest travelled

most breakdowns

most pissed etc?

Er, i could be the one that gets the medal for the bravest man who rode 250 miles on a seat thats actually not a seat and with a fuel tank that cant hold no more than 80 miles of fuel :eusa_whistle: