need to disable a moped. Ideas

MrCardboardDave
This post is 4003 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have been asked by a friend to disable her sons moped. The donut is riding it without anything and it won't be long until he is lifted. I know I/we should let it happen but unlike this lad I am looking at the bigger picture. In that he has got him self in at a good firm on apprenticeship type scheme via school.

His future kinda depends on him getting a tractor licence and he is too stupid to join the dots but the graft he will be doing will make him.

He gave £20 for it non runner an to be fair got it running.

Option one is sugar in the tank. Down side wrecks engine plus side he will think he it just seized up saving any grief towards his mum. Should he ever find out.

Option two is have a play in the cdi unit with a screw driver

Option three bang a nail into the tyre

And more ideas?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

erm, im not really sure this is legal bud, it is basically vandalism and if it gets taken the wrong way thats how the plod will see it, i can see why you want to do it and in your position i would probably do the same thing to keep someone from hurting themselves.

Personally, i would either close the electrode on the spark plug so that it doesnt arc, earth the low tension side of the coil, remove the main fuse e.t.c, something that isnt going to cause lasting damage and more importantly if you were to deflate the tyres and he rides off without realising (does a Grouch) it could result in an accident

Disclaimer: I am not condoning any of the above actions, merely saying that hypothetically speaking these are the actions i would consider

Blue tack in the spark plug cap will make it look ok, but won't run.

So a padlock and chain wont do it then?

• Like 1

Run a pin through the HT lead and snap it off very close to metal so it earths before the plug , will be a bugger to find

Everyone has to learn the lessons.

Some learn from others' experiences. Others learn from their own.

Some learn before it kills them, others learn just after..

• Like 1

Mabey I'm looking at this wrong but,what about offering to help him get his licence and insurance in exchange for not riding it untill he gets his licence.

A contract that if he rides it then it's sold period end of contract.

If he's not intrested then just take the wheels off and tell him he can have them back when he gets things in order,don't tell him his mom asked you to do it,tell him it's that or you will call the cops on him.So what if the little prick hates you .

• Like 1

Sorry but I disagree with all of this, it's his MOTHERS problem not yours, I know that's not helpful but at the end of the day it's her son not yours, your heart is in the right place but if he's a dick it's not your fault or problem. Tell the PARENT that it's up to her to deal with it you can give support but he can tell you to F**K off and there's nothing you can do about it. try telling him you will help him to get his licence but if that don't work your stuffed, anything else is vandalism for what ever reason and you will be the one in court. :shakeno:

P.S sorry that should be "CRIMINAL DAMAGE" not vandalism, regardless of your motives if he is hurt or the bike is damaged you are liable to ALL repairs or compensation.

PPS every good deed has a price!

Run a pin through the HT lead and snap it off very close to metal so it earths before the plug , will be a bugger to find

Hey! I was just about to suggest that. :madflame:

Just remove the CDI or put a duff fuse in it.

Sorry but I disagree with all of this, it's his MOTHERS problem not yours, I know that's not helpful but at the end of the day it's her son not yours, your heart is in the right place but if he's a dick it's not your fault or problem. Tell the PARENT that it's up to her to deal with it you can give support but he can tell you to F**K off and there's nothing you can do about it. try telling him you will help him to get his licence but if that don't work your stuffed, anything else is vandalism for what ever reason and you will be the one in court. :shakeno:

P.S sorry that should be "CRIMINAL DAMAGE" not vandalism, regardless of your motives if he is hurt or the bike is damaged you are liable to ALL repairs or compensation.

PPS every good deed has a price!

Exactly. Chain. Padlock and give her the key. No foul.

• Like 1

Go old school on the little shit, confront him and if he becomes a little twat then a smack in the teeth used to sort me out OK.

A good Love punch square in the face. not too hard that you tiggle the back of his scull but no little girly shit, just a firm lump making thud.

He's then learnt his lesson, the bike hasn't been fucked about and all are happy and down the pub in time for the match

sir cardboard, if you bring him along to squires on it, i will sort it out :spin2: then he can hitch a lift home on the back with you.

this should scare him shitless .he won't want to get on another bike again. :hah:

• Like 2

i feel as if everyone is looking at the wrong solutions

so you dont want him to ride the scoot

and you want him to learn a lesson at the same time

then give him a baseball bat and tell HIM to destroy the scoot

or you will destroy him

but tell him the reasons for this happening

sometimes respect cannot be learned

it has to be installed!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online