Dropped the damned bike !!!

slice
This post is 3347 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

SWMBO said that she wanted her car put away in the garage, ok says I and went to move the bike out of the way, it's on one of those wheeled trolley things so it's easy to move around the garage, didn't notice the bit of lino that I had been using had got rucked up over itself as I wheeled into it's usual position, you CAN'T stop 700 pounds from falling over when you don't expect it to fall over can you? Snapped the right mirror off like a carrot and scratched the fairing :madflame: !"£$%^&*() son of a bitch !! I am not a happy bunny today but truth be told it was the dumb arse on the handle bars :shakeno: . So have just bought a new mirror and will see if I can polish the scratches out.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ouch... My heart stopped when I dropped my Tiger. My foot slid on some mud and had no choice but to let it drop, bloody heavy and impossible to prevent once gravity got a hold!

Hope you can get the scratches out and it wasn't too tricky to pick up...

Thanks Bips, just one of those things I'm afraid but annoying. yeah 700lbs is impossible to stop, spat me across the garage like a orange pip.

Aww, son of a bitch... :(

This was the poor FJ, I take it?

I assume it pitched away from you, as well, yeah?

No stopping that one...

I once stopped and put the FJ's sidestand down, then went to lean it left but had recently lubed the pivot and so the stand bounced back up as the pressure came off - Suddenly the bike was headed groundward.

I caught it about 6" away from smackdown and slowly dragged it back upright, but wrenched my back so badly I'd have been better off letting it go!

Here's hoping it doesn't look too bad once you've tarted it back up again, fella!

Sad to hear Slice..if it makes you feel better..my RD rev counter screwy after bike fell over and it took a bang while I was stripping (try finding an LC rev counter).

Bugger slice ", big bikes are a hand full, thers no stopping them , Tasky " you were lucky,, saved the TANK " ,[ as dt50 used to say ] :eusa_clap:,

Am woking on the DT at the moment, I can pull it and the bike hoyst around,,,[ 120kg] :yeah:

ouch , that was painful.

My bike dropped on me in front of the YOC brigade at squires, luckily it fell on me and lowered to the ground (bloody hurt me leg though)

this time next year you will have forgotten all about it

(till I bring the thread back up again) ;)

• Like 1

Ouch man I feel for ya. Dropped the Draggie once, shortly after fitting shiny new v&h exhausts on her. I was sitting on the bike doing a back-pedal into a parking space when she just keeled to the right. Probably lost my balance due to tiredness. I managed to slow her down, but she still hit the floor and I nearly gave myself a hernia. Pipes were slightly scratched as a result, but thankfully underneath so not immediately visible.

The cb500 has been dropped couple of times too: once when the kickstand didn't seem to do it's job, and once when I found it on its side in the morning after someone or thing knocked it over. New bar ends, levers, and a big dent in my shiny new Fuel can! :madflame:

Shit man that sucks, dropped my bike last year when my foot slipped on some gravel and once that big lump started to fall there was no way I could stop her, luckily there was no serious damage only my pride but I was seriously pissed off at the time. Hope the polish and elbow grease sorts her out.

Only just seen this don't be to hard on yourself remember it wasn't your fault

IT WAS YOUR WIFE'S FAULT!!

• Like 1

Thing that confuses me...don't car's live outside? Unless your running a Model T as your daily driver I don't see why you'd put it inside. High crime area? Delecate car? Or do you just like having it inside?

Anyway, IT WAS YOUR WIFES FAULT!

Can we see a picture of the damage? (if it can be picked up by a camera)

Thank you all, I tried NOT to think it was the wife's fault but !! It's a soft top so yes it really does need to be inside when the weather is dreadful.

yep,bin there and done it! dropped the 900f onto the gs 750,smashed the topbox (new) off the 900f and busted the gearshift on the Suzuki +I had no one to blame but meself!!!

700lbs....Is the fairing made from mild steel, I thought they only (!!!) weighed around 580lbs

edit: Looks a bit cheekier than I thought. I only say because I didnt think they were that heavier than my xjr1200 and I remember catching that one day

Your right Jimmy, 266KKg or 586lbs still bloody heavy when it's rolling away from you and your an old git! :biglaugha:

I know, I had a very slow catch on my xjr1200. Sitting at lights when an ambulance came up behind me with the blues n twos. I went to move over onto the central reservation and must have hit the kerb at the wrong angle pushing the front wheel away causing the bike to tip. I somehow managed to jump off the bike, whilst keeping a hold of it and managed to catch it and swing it upright. My back, shoulders and arms were sore for about a week afterwards

Sorry to hear about the very low speed bin Slice, but as they say as long as your not hurt thats the main thing! you can buy new mirrors but not a new back.

Thankfully the only bike i dropped was the 125 draggy and that too was a bit of a bitch to sit back on its wheels, kinda makes you feel slightly sorry for the older men going out and buying these gold-wings! how the feck do they pick them up if they decide to have a little lay down?

Maybe they carry a couple of bottle jacks in all that rear luggage space.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online