Squires 2015

This post is 3134 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Its the first weekend in September, Friday the 4th. You coming? More the merrier. Andy is on his SR125 so were not breaking records although that bike can get nigh on 70 with a bit of a run. Wont do it for long. Cruising speeds of around 60 obviously dropping for local limits, (and hills).

For convenient meet points there will be the obvious one at Thrapston, prob 9.30 for 10. Something like that aiming to reach the chippy in Matlock for around 12. Pay homage and then go see..

Shite, mother in laws birthday, uncle up from the smoke for a meal out at night. I reckon thers a chance I might be able to tag on for a few hours. Probably before Matlock and as far as Castleton with a bit of luck

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I"l be down on the Thursday,[ squires,]  will try meet paul [ airhead Friday]   for second half of the leg,,,B)

not sure what I'm doing yet. only would have just got back with Tommy from the IOM ManxGP.
I'll have to let you know thursday

Would love to go to this but that's a trek from the central belt of Scotland!

That area is where blackhat250 is coming from I think.

I'm sure he is north of Glasgow by about 80mile?

• Like 1

Ok so tell the noob some more. I've read the entire thread from beginning to end and still have questions: 1). Is this a day trip (Friday). In other words sort out own stay over somewhere, or is it a camp on Friday night? 2) looking at what has been proposed I think over the bridge then blast down a68 / a1 for 5 or so hours sounds like fun if I can get some time off. Tell me more please!

Aye  vayduh"    its about 250mls for you, 5 hrs  ,  A68 is good . [ done it in 2012 on H2 , ]  hit the  A19   all the way to the A64 [ YORK  ring road, ]  then take the Tadcaster turn off . or Sherburn Elmett,  ,

We camp,  but theres  digs nearby,,,we do Friday /sat. leave Sunday morning,,

Isn't there an extra day this year? Leaving Monday morning and having an extra run out on the Sunday?

Vayduh - I do just over 200 miles on my little 125 and loved every minute of it. Except the rain. And the sweating. And the wind. And the food is crap. And the wash block is useless. But everything else is great!!

• Like 2

Its the beer I don"t like ,  its waater,,,,:fish:. The showers were ok in july [ fs1e rally]  clean , hot etc,,, hope it warm,  as I"v had it wi this shite weather,,,,:sigh2:

• Like 1

You should take the Glava into the boozer with you.

. Except the rain. And the sweating. And the wind. And the food is crap. And the wash block is useless. But everything else is great!!

If it wasn't for the fact that my eldest and his wife are expecting their first baby that weekend and wont be able to look after my dog you would have sold it to me Andy:P

• Like 1

Change of plan peeps, i have to be in work that week which f*cks up my holiday to Dorset, so i will be making my appearance at Squires for the weekend!.

(on the FJ though... too far to go on the DT this late...)

• Like 4

Just worked a basic route from mine to Squires via all of the above - 220 miles, 5 and a half hours :) not allowing for stops. Gonna be in need of caffeine, pro plus and anything else I can get my hands on!!

Oh yes and probably a cushion for my sore derrière!

• Like 1

man, a 10 min break at 2 hours will make the difference, don`t try to rush. 30 min is not so much if you take 3 breaks

• Like 2