Snow Again !!!!!!!!!

bindie
This post is 4111 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Snow = a definite NO for me. I keep the bike on the road all winter but it only goes out if its above freezing, the engine braking on the Dragstar would soon have you off on ice.

My car said minus five degrees this morning. It has been light flakes and trying to snow since 9am in sunny Nottingham.

Got a snow warning down here in Yeovil for Friday and Saturday, and i spotted on one weather forecast website that Sunday at 0600hrs its going to be -13! how true that is i cant say but will let you know.

Fkn ell paul " your dicing with :frosty: death, And Foamy " ther should be an epilepcy warning on that signature.. :eusa_hand:

4" of iced snow here, been since monday, and looks to be here for a while, :icon_evil:

Fkn ell paul " your dicing with :frosty: death, And Foamy " ther should be an epilepcy warning on that signature.. :eusa_hand:

4" of iced snow here, been since monday, and looks to be here for a while, :icon_evil:

Riding my bike to work is the only way I can get there for 05:45 on a morning so I have to ride in the 6" 0f snow and freezing temperatures and theres more snow to come over the week end :(

ther should be an epilepcy warning on that signature.. :eusa_hand:

Yeah i've been meaning to change that :/.

Whilst you're all freezing your tits off i wont be here! HAHAHA! :P

Starting to rain the white stuff here too, tho' it doesn't really bother me usually....it's the damn ice that forms underneath on the roads that the council don't deem as a priority to grit that annoys me big time.... :crazy:

oh, and the best of lucky with the MOT Airhead!

Snow here in Bristol - the school where I ork had to close as all routes to it have been blocked by trucks jack-knifing. Just witnessed an artic drive through a closed road sign and crash into the lorry that had closed the road. Some of those guys must have a death wish.....

My mate brought me into work this morning, the factory closed down at 10:00. On the way back we were crawling down a longish hill towards Chippenham, my mate leaving a good twenty yard gap behind the car in front and bugger me if we didn't get overtaken by a white van man twat.

Have we come to a standstill??

In the 50/60's we had snow chains.

Can we not cope anymore?

Saying that, I'm a wimp when it comes to taking the bike to work in the snow, frost I don't mind. but, slushy snow and compacted snow is not good.

Is there such a thing as snow chains for bikes?

Cant help but think the nations gone a bit soft. First sign of snow an all the schools shut. I dont recall this much fuss back in the 50s an 60s, when snowfalls were far greater and lasted longer, but I guess the amount of vehicle miles travelled now makes a major contribution to the crisis as there is much more focus on roads.

Not been on the bikes since Monday, its not the cold, its the ice thats the problem

Cant help but think the nations gone a bit soft. First sign of snow an all the schools shut. I dont recall this much fuss back in the 50s an 60s, when snowfalls were far greater and lasted longer, but I guess the amount of vehicle miles travelled now makes a major contribution to the crisis as there is much more focus on roads.

Not been on the bikes since Monday, its not the cold, its the ice thats the problem

A lot of it is liability. I was at school just about 20 years ago, we had to go by coach as it was out in the country. I remember the bloody thing going all over the place on the ice, and one of the other coaches crashing into a pole. A coach operator was on the local news yesterday and said he refused to carry school children as the risk of liability would be too high.

It's the usual thing, that if you go far enough up the tree in this country, you'll find a cabal of lawyers rubbing their hands in glee.

Riding my bike to work is the only way I can get there for 05:45 on a morning so I have to ride in the 6" 0f snow and freezing temperatures and theres more snow to come over the week end :(

Macem and tekem's show the way

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online