Pick up the new bike tomorrow.

slice
This post is 3291 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Off to Norfolk tomorrow morning to pick up the FJR, really looking forward to the ride home, 200 miles or so and that should blow the cobwebs out of it and me. Will try to do a vid of the ride but hopefully it will be all sweet. Staying off the M25 and M4 going to use the A roads to give it a bit of a workout, if it's anything like my 1200 I might just fill it with fuel and never go home !!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Try and take it gently.
It's apparently very easy to accidentally go far too fast on them things...!! :D

Brilliant Slice - enjoy yourself!

Staying off the M25 and M4 going to use the A roads to give it a bit of a workout

Good idea mate as they are both full of arseholes, A roads can be much more fun.

Enjoy your new big toy, I can just imagine that big grin that's gonna split your face.

Well back safe and sound, this thing is a rocket, bloody hell, 140 before I knew it and gave me the fright of my life when I looked down, I can say that you can swallow the entire seat up your arse when you see that. now to get a few small things done and I'm off for more adventures. :hyper::biglaugha::jossun:

• Like 3

That's a serious bit of kit slice, :yeah:. the tank as DT50 used to say,,,[ hes not been back ]

Paul " whats with the gay coloured DT avatar,,, :eusa_eh:.. you coming out :male:

• Like 1

sounds just the ticket and you got the weather too :thumb:

they are a thing of beauty must admit

• Like 1

haha so you paid scant regard to Ttasmasters words of wisdom ;)

I'm used to that from the wife!

• Like 2

No didn't disregard his advice just didn't realise how bloody fast it was going, it was only when I looked down and saw 140 that it occurred to me that I was passing stuff like they were stood still. I am going to have to learn how to ride with one eye on the road and one on the speedo. But I have to say that if I had smiled much more the top of my head would have fallen off :biglaugha:

• Like 1

I had the same experience when I bought my xjr1200 a few years ago. Took me about 3 months to get used to the throttle response

Ah yes the piccies, well to tell the truth I had the camera strapped to my helmet and had every intention of both video and pictures to record my first ride but I forgot all about it, sorry no pics of the ride home but soon some of the bike now it's had a clean and polish.

I know that feeling Slice..go try an unrestricted ZX14..yours is a lot more comfortable I`m sure.

My son taking it for a spin.

IMG-20150104-WA0005_zps1d2bc9g9.jpg

That looks like a fun bike to ride Mc, the only thing is tho that those shorts & T shirt are no where near enough cover, road rash is not a fun way to spend a few hours in casualty, the last one I had was a few years ago and I had to scrub the dirt out with a nail brush, the poor sod was only touching the stretcher with the top of his head and his heels & he had a very inventive turn of phrase that started with "YOU BASTARD" and went on from there an hour later he was my best bud but don't think he was ever going to forgive me for the pain I put him through.

That looks like a fun bike to ride Mc, the only thing is tho that those shorts & T shirt are no where near enough cover, road rash is not a fun way to spend a few hours in casualty, the last one I had was a few years ago and I had to scrub the dirt out with a nail brush, the poor sod was only touching the stretcher with the top of his head and his heels & he had a very inventive turn of phrase that started with "YOU BASTARD" and went on from there an hour later he was my best bud but don't think he was ever going to forgive me for the pain I put him through.

yep the best way to learn from mistakes is to learn from some other poor sod, I went over the handle bars of a push bike many years ago and landed head first in the gravel, when the guy in A & E attacked me with a scrubbing brush I couldn't help shouting out FUCK YOU BASTARD I know he was only doing his job and he had to get the shit out somehow but by fuck did it hurt.

He just took it down the road..had my share of that as a teenager but much more observant now. I`d rather die from road rash than heat stroke. Gets too damn hot here..getting nice now though. Early start tomorrow morning to ride with some "smokers"..so don't worry, will be in full kit.

The ZZR1400 is a fast bit of kit,,, but Kawasaki have raised the bar,,,,,H2 make it look slow,

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online