Yamahead

mervin
This post is 3830 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Please spare a thought or prayer if you are religious for Scott he has had a bad bout of MRSA it seems , I just caught up with it on facebook this was from his brother on the 24th June

I want to thank everyone who's been praying for my brother, Scott. He seems to be stable now. Although he still has a long road ahead of him.

If you haven't heard, Scott was infected with MRSA, and because of his large hemangiomas, his body went into a condition called DIC, which causes clotting throughout his blood stream.

He's been at OHSU since Monday. On Friday, they had to amputate his right hand. We've been concerned about his feet and other hand as they're dark purple due to the clotting.

He has a large wound on his right side where they surgically removed the infected/dead tissue.

On Wednesday we were informed that he was extremely high risk, to the point where he was given the option of not continuing.

We are so grateful to God for carrying him through this week. He has brought so many people together that would not have otherwise happened.

Please continue to pray for him. He's still at risk of losing fingers and toes, and this recovery will be months long, if not more.

Thank you.

and from Scott himself this morning

MANY Thanks to all my friends & family for all the prayers & well wishes! Finally home now trying to heal up enough for a Rehab program I'm lined up for. The Mersa infection took my right hand, right toes, half my left toes, & my LH fingertips...... Thank God I still have my left thumb & my job waiting for me when I'm ready!! Currently learning how to walk again, & looking 4ward to training with a new artificial arm after I get a grip on my drawing skills. With God's help, ..........I WILL PREVAIL!!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Fucking hell, fella...

It'll be tough, I know, but you CAN do this. Anything that doesn't kill ya...

A very good friend of mine went through something similar, but refused to give up and ended up becoming THE top Advanced Riding Instructor throughout Essex, so there is always a way.

You CAN do this and we will be here to help in any way we can!!

Look forward to hearing about your progress!!

Yamahead I had no idea, thank you Merv for keeping us up to date

as Airhead said its awful news and I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say you're in all our thought's,

you sound like a fighter and i'm sure you'll overcome this.

Jesus man, I had no idea. I'm shocked actually!

thoughts and prayers are with Scott and his family.

Merv, please send him all our best wishes and for his recovery.

I too am shocked! My gawd what a terrible thing to happen.

My thoughts are with you and yours Yamahead!

Kin hell.

MRSA took my mother in law. Sound old bat never sick and that bug tore her up and chucked the pieces away.

Good on you for beating it. Any support I can give your welcome to.

Bloody hell - keep up the recovery, stay strong.

Shit the bed peeps :o

good luck with a speedy recovery Scott, its good to see you are still strong in spirit even in spite of your horrible ordeal.

maybe we should organise a YOC -welcome home event :P

I only read about it yesterday morning on face book and i was in a state of shock for a while myself, I took a while to pull myself together and realise it was all true, I have never met Scott , but we have been on this forum and the aircooled rd club together for years, and he is a bit like family to me TBH

I only read about it yesterday morning on face book and i was in a state of shock for a while myself, I took a while to pull myself together and realise it was all true, I have never met Scott , but we have been on this forum and the aircooled rd club together for years, and he is a bit like family to me TBH

Amen to that Merv

for a big tough guy (me i mean) this broke me down and left me speach less.

my heart is with you bro... good luck and best wishes with your recovery...

Good luck with the recovery, hope it continues to go well

• 1 month later...

Just seeing this now,,,

I hope you are ok Yamhead,,really, I do.

Life is a bitch at times and particularly when your down it seems to kick you down some more. Stay strong and focused and believe in yourself.

Best of luck

Pat

Wow I too only just seen this too!

Shocking how One minute your happy as Larry next your up the creek with the paddles floating away. Wish you all the best Scott and hope you get back on your feet (foot) soon.

All our love....... The YOC

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online