Do you Tweet, Face, blog or Link?

DirtyDT
This post is 4657 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

22 members have voted

1. 1. What ones do you do? - Multiple's OK

• Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Linkedin
    • Other (I don't know their names)
    • Blog
    • None

I was just wondering if I am the only person not to Tweet, Face(?), Link or anything else?

Everyone seems to want to talk about themselves and wherever I go the talk is about "Social networking" - How social it can be using your phone or computer is beyond me! I thought it was more anti social and social was meeting up with your mates. I even get random emails from people who I have only spoken to about some possible work asking me to add them to my "friends". I don't even know these people and a 5 minute conversation about a possible work contract doesn't mean we are mates!

Personally, I don't do any of it. I think it can be dangerous and I don't want to know that someone has just clipped their toe nails. The same, I would guess, as they don't want to know that I have just trimmed my nasal hair.

Multiple answers are OK if you want to take part.

Cheers.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm too old and stupid for that shit :huh:

I'm too old and stupid for that shit :huh:

You and me both. Well that should be 2 votes for "No" then :D .

Aha !, I just wanted you to play your cards first

as a Jock I'm a compulsary member of 'long-face-book' :mellow:

Aha !, I just wanted you to play your cards first

as a Jock I'm a compulsary member of 'long-face-book' :mellow:

Better than being in the "two faced book" mate!

facebook my kids put me up to it,i hold the record for the lowest number of friends :lol: its the only way i find out what they are up to. vert rare i post anything find it handy for birthday reminders.

Come on Peeps. you don't have to post, just vote if you want to!

facebook my kids put me up to it,i hold the record for the lowest number of friends :lol: its the only way i find out what they are up to. vert rare i post anything find it handy for birthday reminders.

Do I really want my ex misses to know I am living with a 20 year old Thai pre-op transexual? I don't think so!!!!!!!!!

Err..................That was an example BTW.

I think its an age thing or even a case of if you dont have any strong interests like wot we do, then spend your time talking shite on facebook. I hardly ever go there myself :rolleyes: No idea what twitter is, is it facebook for celebs? and linking well I do that often on here.

None of that crap for me either !

I only got to grips with internet few years ago

Anything i want to know or find about bikes then ill be surfing the net or on here and another bike site,,,,,,,,,,thats it im afraid

Facebook,,,,,,,,,is for nosie barstwerts :lol:

I was just wondering if I am the only person not to Tweet, Face(?), Link or anything else?

Everyone seems to want to talk about themselves and wherever I go the talk is about "Social networking" - How social it can be using your phone or computer is beyond me! I thought it was more anti social and social was meeting up with your mates. I even get random emails from people who I have only spoken to about some possible work asking me to add them to my "friends". I don't even know these people and a 5 minute conversation about a possible work contract doesn't mean we are mates!

Personally, I don't do any of it. I think it can be dangerous and I don't want to know that someone has just clipped their toe nails. The same, I would guess, as they don't want to know that I have just trimmed my nasal hair.

Multiple answers are OK if you want to take part.

Cheers.

Dont use any of them. Its not that I'm a miserable old bugger, I just its its meaningless twaddle in a celebrity obsessed age, and a waste of valuable time when people could be doing something worthwhile :)

Dont do any either, seems to be everone wants to tell everyone else when they go for a pi$$,or a $hit on these sites

That what I thought. There are even phone apps that show you, within a certain distance, who has Twit-tit and what they said. Do they really think that their lives are so interesting that the world wants to know?

I discovered Twitter the other day it,s the bit between the missuses twat and shitter

That is just, plain, wrong. But funny though! :lol:

I am amazed as the poll so far, either lots of people talk about it but don't do it or they do it but don't want everyone to know. It is anonymous as you don't need to post and I can't tell who has voted. I thought that the Twit-ers and Farce-book would be out in front, by miles. It just goes to show you!

well for me facebook has been a good tool to use as i found members of my family i hadnt seen for 40 years and long lost school friends... :D

however your'e right about people posting bollox on there or just general shite...

I'm on face book, but thats only so i can see what my kids are looking at.

Yeh " i stupidly joined that facebook, after being prompted. dry.gif , i found it ok for a start, found lots of old freinds, but then that chat thing started, & fk me, you get harrassed every time you log in,

Another thing is , say you comment on another site[ u tube, photo bucket.] it posts your comment on facebook, :o so every fker can see it , so be carefull what u say ....:D

im a face booker but mainly its something else to do when im not on here :D go for a nose round see what ppl are up to. its handy for keeping in touch with ur freinds and family.

and there is allot more to it, you can play games, make question airs, send photos, pm ppl ect ect. allot of it is bullshite but its something to do i suppose (if ur that sad)

like allot of us iv got a bike to play with and ppl to meet face to face B)

as to twitter ....think its just so you can see what the celebs of our generation are up to.......... :blink: ........how sad is that!

I follow people on Twitter and occasionally post myself.

Those I follow are usually my favourite actors, musicians and the small businesses I make use of (like my leather tailor), since that's where I get the best advance notice of forthcoming products, shows, events, films and so on.

Farce-Book I use for keeping in touch with people not really local to me (ie those in America). I also post some status updates for those members of my family that I REALLY can't be arsed to have a proper conversation with. The random silly shite is just kids. I used Tagged before I relented and joined FB and that was even worse - Full of horny male teenagers with naked models as their profile pics, all thinking they're having cybersex with 'horny lesbian women' (ie other male teens with model pics).

Another useful part of FB for me is making contact with a variety of professional actors and significant persons of WW2. Agency representatives are fecking useless, uncommunicative asshats and I have a number of non-work related projects and activities for which I need to get in touch with certain specific people.... Thus it's considered social networking, as opposed to business networking.

I have tried Linkedin, but it's so full of holes and anomalies that it never yielded anything useful.

I tried blogging once, but never had anything I thought was interesting enough to blog about. I need to know who I'm talking to when I write, which I why I use forums like this place instead!

Take what is useful - Ignore the rest.

• 2 months later...

Proud to say none of them. This is the closest I come to social networking. I'm the first to admit that I am unsociable though :angry:

Got pestered into Facebook a few years ago and now I find friend requests from people who aren't my friends to be annoying and I just pretty much ignore it. Just can't be arsed.

Although I did get a friend request from a girl that I hadn't seen since high school some 30 years ago. That was kind of nice but then I started getting cards and poked and all this other shit........still couldn't be arsed.

Twitter? What's that?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online