Stupid car drivers

lauragilmour
This post is 3408 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Driving home on Tuesday my last day at work until January, and it was daylight, my lights on, wearing my big hivis work jacket on top of my leathers, so I was visible, coming round the round about, this guy pulls in front of me, I had to slam on my breaks, bike goes sliding from under me as it was icy, and the guy starts speeding off before I got a chance to even see his reg plate, and not one person pulled over to see if I was okay, luckily the only problem was a snapped break lever, broken mirror and a blown fuse and shattered reg plate, and I walked away with bruising down my hip, legs and shoulder and ribs but it could've been worse, if I had caused someone to come off their bike I would've pulled over make sure they're okay!! Car drivers grrrrrr!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ouch! :( It's always crap when things like that happen but I'm glad you're not too hurt.

Did you manage to recover the bike ok? Might be worth checking with your local council to see if they have any cctv covering the roundabout? Unlikely but worth a go. You might even get the registration of the car so you can send some friends round to discuss his driving manners :madflame:

Bad luck Laura, there are always some a**ehole around to keep you alert. As katie says speak to the cops or the council to check for any cameras. As long as you're Ok, that's the main thing

I'd report it to the police, let them record it you never know if they know the car!

Glad your not too bad though, day 2 usually is more painful

That's shit news Laura " :thumbdown: its bad enuff dodging these clowns in dry weather,,, Take it as experience,, bad I know but glad your ok,,

Hi

Bad luck pleased you are OK and the bike can be fixed, I would keep an eye out for the same car, I bet it could be a local vehicle you may be able to catch sight of it again in the same area/time, it could add to any report info you may of already made,

Glad to hear it wasn't worse Laura! Some sound advice from the others. You just can't trust car drivers! :madflame:

Would not be surprised if the driver was completely oblivious to you, let along you coming off the bike.

Good to know there wasn't serious injury to yourself

Half of the time it's chancers, the other half of the time it's just fuckwits with no common sense, I once managed to splatter a vauxhall corsa across the front of a military landrover in Reading town centre, he thought he could get across before I went past, he was wrong. Sadly on a bike it just isn't that simple.

Definitely flag it up to the police, they may already be known for drink driving etc, and at the least it gives you some sort of official record of it happening.

laura, next time, don`t force your brakes when you are at low speed, hitting the asshole is better than you crash with the bike and don`t involve him. if you hit him he is forced to stop. even if he don`t stop, hitting him is giving you a chance to not going down so more time to get some info about the car. if you crush the chance to take his reg nr is low if he run. so. go ahead, hit the dumbass.

Sorry to hear that Laura, as Drewpy says it's the next day that it aches and all your bit's throb, good luck finding this dumbarse but don't fret over it, any accident you walk away from is experience.

Id rather just live and forget about it, hopefully it won't happen again, to many people think they can pull out and make it but in reality they can't, I'm glad I'm okay and the main thing, just gonna have to take a little more care and watch out for impatient drivers, thanks for all the support

• Like 2

Think next on my list to buy is a tank so I can crush the little bastards! (Impatient car drivers that is)

thought you were forgetting about it!

it will dwell on your mind and then you'll start getting angry and go for revenge

Think next on my list to buy is a tank so I can crush the little bastards! (Impatient car drivers that is)

Edit:

it will dwell on your mind and then you'll start getting angry and go for revenge

That's sorta what's happening with my housemate.

She's finally getting her bike back after her SMIDSY crash, and she admits that she's getting nervous about being back on the road.

Fortunately, she has already been out, with the courtesy bike she had for a while, but she would tense a little with cars appearing at junctions, or ones waiting to turn in front of her.

They gave a brand new CBF125 to a learner, the fools. After 300 miles, she stopped using it, as it started responding funny to her, and she had no idea on how to deal with a new bike. [They didn't give the owner's manual]

Bad luck and glad you came out OK, worst thing is the driver sped off and didnt stop which is illegal.

I would report it to the police but chances are if there local they maybe on the same route to work

so you may come across him again at the same time.

Glad your OK and the bike can be fixed.

TTB

Remember car drivers tend to be on their phones most of the time these days...unlike the bikers (wish I was a bike cop..would really enjoy nailing these people)

Glad you're ok - nothing like ending up on your arse to prove you're alive! Most car drivers don't pay much attention to anything else on the road - more so if there's not a lot of traffic about. Can't believe nobody stopped though.

Ps not all car drivers are crap - I relented to the comfort of climate control this morning!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online