2 Stroke gathering and YOC camping weekend 2014

Airhead
This post is 3504 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

it's getting close now any change's/ addition's to the list

What about:

Lassie

Oldtimer

FZRal

Your the one on a freshly messed with 2stroke.

True 2stroke owners will haved lived with the pending death for so long their immune. 'Whatever' being the normal response.

They generally ride covering the clutch too though lol.

When did things change though? I cant remember riding around as a youth listening to the engine, worrying about the crank seals or debating what was the best oil/plug/timing/airfilter etc. The bikes got no maintenance until they broke.

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

What about:

Lassie

Oldtimer

FZRal

When did things change though? I cant remember riding around as a youth listening to the engine, worrying about the crank seals or debating what was the best oil/plug/timing/airfilter etc. The bikes got no maintenance until they broke.

yep & I bet none of us were with the AA or other back then

• Like 1

Very true Tommy!

We used to go to Southend (40 miles each way) in the evenings with enough money for a bag of chips. No plan B, didn't actually think we needed one. I broke down once but often used to have to share fuel between bikes when one of us ran out of petrol. All that on a 90cc single to start and then the 250 twin.

• Like 1

yep & I bet none of us were with the AA or other back then

[/

The thing was tommy back then most bikes were a simple fix unlike the computerised things today, the guys who still ride the classic and older bikes at least have a chance of getting it running even the AA man now days just calls up recovery,when my f4 broke down the AA guy had to ask me where the battery was!!!!!!

All being well I should be at squires god and the dvla willing as I am waiting for paperwork for a change of reg.

• Like 2

Indian Curry house!

OK so last time me n blackhat were there we found an 'indian'

I will be going there on Saturday night who wants to join us, I'm thinking of booking some tables around 8pm is that alright?

BTW I'm going on the TTR this time, not 2 strokin ;)

• Like 1

Airhead I'm in if I make it, the FJ should be ready by then and it will need a good run to settle everything down, 400 miles should just about do it, so book me a place if you would, staying at a hotel nearby tho so if you want I will PM you my mobile number?

Are you pitching up on Friday Paul? If so, do you know what sort of time you'll leave Glossop? I might leave with you if I can... And if you want, ha ha!!

Also, count me in for the curry on Saturday please.

No ken do on curry. Violently allergic to cumin.

Seriously a good sniff from a jar of the stuff will have me talking to huey.

Closest i get to a curryhouse is the door.

. Violently allergic to cumin. Yeh foamy too i heard,, :babyha:

It be the burnt sausage for you then jase " :hah:

• Like 2

Are you pitching up on Friday Paul? If so, do you know what sort of time you'll leave Glossop? I might leave with you if I can... And if you want, ha ha!!

Also, count me in for the curry on Saturday please.

yeah friday afternoon nina, I have the afternoon off, have you got to do a full days work?

No ken do on curry. Violently allergic to cumin.

Seriously a good sniff from a jar of the stuff will have me talking to huey.

Closest i get to a curryhouse is the door.

me thinks you'll be getting a good wiff of the curry house all Friday night and into sat morning

+1 for Curry :hyper:

yeah friday afternoon nina, I have the afternoon off, have you got to do a full days work?

Not sure yet Paul, hoping I'll be able to sneak out early, but I'll let you know closer to the day!

me thinks you'll be getting a good wiff of the curry house all Friday night and into sat morning

+1 for Curry :hyper:

You still wont rival the fields if the wind is wrong (pun intended).

• Like 2

I'm up for curry! Hoping to get the friday off work too so I can travel up with Dirty and co!

• Like 1

Well sorry to say "I'M OUT", just been to the quack and I'm up for an Op on my back so can't make it, I had Cancer a few years ago and it damaged my back (non Hodgkins lymphoma) so I hope you all have a great time. Bit of a bugger really as I will be bed bound for 6 weeks once it goes ahead and that's my summer riding over !! :sigh2:

Take some photos if you would and let me know how it goes. :photo2: