Does anyone play the guitar?

Grouch
This post is 3786 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

me, but i stop playing some years ago. i`m not so good, I use the guitar just to have some backup on my voice in my trips on the mountains. I know lot of romanian mountain songs but nothing in english. that because I don`t wanna kill any song :).

if I will have the chance, I will share with you some nice songs from my country on the next meeting ;)

Nope i just sing..............very badly, you know when your really bad when the old dorris in the car next to you tries to move over with the scared for their life look as she thinks the mental hospital has got a breach.

I pride my self on my singing skills :hyper:

• Like 1

I do

Me too, both Electric & Acoustic, also dabble in Keyboards

I have been toying with learning for about 40 years. I can throw a few chords together albeit very slowly. I have been hankering after an Epiphone Les Paul Plustop Pro for a while and I can't justify it if I can't play so my current Les Paul clone came out early last night for an hour of getting used to it again. 2014 is the year that I will be able to play. Maybe not to the standard of Clapton, but a lot better than some of the noises that I can make now.

Sore finger tips this morning!

aye, been doing since 13, son taken it up too :)

my fave is my Takamine acoustic. Building a Dean caddy (very slowly) and have about 5 guitars in all.

yeah got a few guitars sons also play to, better than me. last time I was on a ride out with drewpy he came in and had a go on a couple of mine he's a good player, prefer acoustic more than. Electric

I didn't realise so many of you were into guitars. I decided to learn to play. So I ended up buying 5 guitars. I saved a lot of money while the XT was stood haha.

c7842c59f22d79b666a0d3f9672d08b3_zps35a5

I've learned a few bits and bats but I'm going to get lessons. I really need to do it properly.

All I've got with me since splitting with the wife is my old Eko Ranger VI acoustic. Had to leave the other three guitars behind, no room. I taught my middle daughter to play though so they still get used.

I like the Tele grouch! Built myself a Tele few years ago, been playing 7 years I've realised lol.

It's a squire classic vibe. If it said fender on the stock you wouldn't be able to tell. Really good quality, I'm not even going to bother changing the pick ups either they're that good.

• Like 1

bought an indie 12-string off a lad i know down the pub, had a piece-o-crap 6-string i bought in afghan and took it everywhere with me, the general idea was that anyone who played it had to sign it, by the end of a 4-month tour it had signatures from all over the world (including local afghans) but when shipping it home some stupid stacker trod on it and broke it :(, Have since bought a nevada dreadnought to tinker with alongside my Indie.

I still dabble in the art, but only on my tod.

My mates got an indie les Paul. It's a really good guitar I've been trying to buy it off him for ages but he won't get rid. It's bastard about your guitar would of been a nice memento.