Who's you favourite riding legend?

Lee@Bikesure
This post is 3866 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Dunno... Don't really have any specific ones...

Guy Martin, I suppose.

Honest, open, down to earth and rides in the most challenging races I know of.

WOW talk about opening a can of worms,of couse Kenny Robert's would be on that list but then if you go dirt then hurricane Bob Hanna would be on that list as well,Freddie Spencer the first 3 class winner 125 250 and 500 in the same year,now Villapoto.Can't think of the french guy's name who is cleaning up in enduro.Pee wee Gleason for drag bikes

What decade and what type of bike riding,dirt,trials,paved circuit, drag, what series global FIM or country to country I've seen so many great riders over the years realy hard to pin that down

Lester Piggott.....................................

Not really. Out of 4 for me; Barry Sheene, Foggy, Giacomo Agostini or "The Doctor".

I will go for Sheene because he was a bad boy and it was my era!

Me it has to be Barry Sheene, if only cos he drilled a hole in his crash hat so he could have a fag while riding, yah gotta love it!!!

• Like 3

Travis Pastrana is the first name that enters my mind

DOUBLE BACKFLIP (skip to about 1min into the clip)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLtRW_7_piY

welshie I new you would bring up TP a hell of a rider and from your gen, I love seening him in action and my son's fave rider. Though he is a bit bent considering he went sky diving without a parashute and the gov pulled his sky diving licence,for thoes who don't know.... your not suppose to start without a parachute but if your first and second chute fail you dive into another diver and grab them and hope like hell you make it .TP decided to jump without a chute and go for broke

But we have failed to get the decades to establish the best rider.and the only way IMO to get this right is to seperate years or decades and give credit to the riders of each.

Barry sheen crashed as much as he could keep it up not realy but he crashed alot, in the rain he was awsome and a joker another fave. And 1 of the only riders(at that time) who demanded that the bike he rode he got to keep at the end of the year Smart guy :headbang: pay me to ride your bike and then I keep it

My local bike shop owner Ewan Haldane. Came 3rd in the 1954 Clubmans TT, was leading until his fuel stop went awry and cost him 30s which was the time difference at the end of the race. 83yrs old now still rides almost daily and still runs his shop. He still owns the Gold Star he raced back then

My mate Otto, who gave me my first solo ride on a Triumph back in 1981, and had me hooked ever since

Rocket Ron Haslam, who regularly kicked everyone elses arses, especially in the wet, back in the day in the Transatlantic series

Marco Simonchelli Is my all time fav, such skill and I would put my money on him giving Mark markez a run for his money.

Tai woffinden and farcy ward, current Speedway Gramd Prix riders. Both absolutely crazy for their age! Anyone know who I'm on about? Also lee Richardson past away a year and some time ago, lakeside hammers rider, very sad loss! Rip RICO! I'm a lakeside hammers fan as I'm in Kent, anyone else support speedway teams? If so what teams or who's your favourite Grand Prix rider?

Joey Dunlop, Jerrifies ,Steve Hislop.

Hislop's top for me when he beat Rossi's V5 lap record on a Ducati superbike. :icon_cool:

Lester Piggott.....................................

Not really. Out of 4 for me; Barry Sheene, Foggy, Giacomo Agostini or "The Doctor".

I will go for Sheene because he was a bad boy and it was my era!

with you on this one Dirty, Sheene always first name in my head when a question like this comes up & for the exact same reasons

Barry Sheene

Mike 'The Bike' Hailwood

Joey Dunlop

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online