floor protection for my garage

Grover
This post is 4197 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

after 6 months with my bike in teh garage, getting on and off the centre stand at least once a day, ive managed to start wearing away my concrete floor in the garage

i found one solution is to place a floor plate down http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/74424]like this, but i can only seem to find such a product for a side stand, and it's not wide enough to take a centre stand

has anyone else found a solution, preferably one that can also hide the dirty marks ive left behind (the pains is worn away, and theres some little holes where the concrete itself has been worn away

thanks people!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

after 6 months with my bike in teh garage, getting on and off the centre stand at least once a day, ive managed to start wearing away my concrete floor in the garage

i found one solution is to place a floor plate down like"]http://www.sportsbik...prod/74424]like this, but i can only seem to find such a product for a side stand, and it's not wide enough to take a centre stand

has anyone else found a solution, preferably one that can also hide the dirty marks ive left behind (the pains is worn away, and theres some little holes where the concrete itself has been worn away

thanks people!

Try slipping a piece of old hose pipe, or something similar, over the centre stand feet

I've got to say, thats not very good concrete though

maybe a piece of ply cut to 300x150 should do, but im not the best hand with a saw, perhaps i can enlist the help of a buddy/dad :D

Blimey Grover, if you're that dangerous with a hand saw, I bet your dad's a nervous wreck by now. It's only a matter of getting a bit of wood, putting it on a B&D workmate, putting your right knee on it and with the saw in your right hand cut along a line that you have marked with a pencil.

A bit a old carpet or floor mat will do the trick too, that's what my ex used to use.

use an old trainer, simply put it under your side stand.

Brill, your talents are wasted.

Blimey Grover, if you're that dangerous with a hand saw, I bet your dad's a nervous wreck by now. It's only a matter of getting a bit of wood, putting it on a B&D workmate, putting your right knee on it and with the saw in your right hand cut along a line that you have marked with a pencil.

i never said i was dengerous... just not accurate... it wouldnt end up a rectangle anyways, but it would sure as hell be cut

use an old trainer, simply put it under your side stand.

you wearing out trainers Kev?

HI Grover, I use a couple of carpet (industrial) tiles only about £4 each and no marks or crumbly concrete and my bike weighs 650 lbs. :jossun:

+1 for the old bit of carpet, also gives you something nice and softish to lay on for those fiddly jobs, easier to cut than plywood aswell tbh,

as for the wood who cares if its a perfect rectangle? you're parking a bike on it, not serving the pope his breakfast from it :P

a piece of welly stuck to the stand :thumb:

why ever bother with the hard stuff? even if it sounds stupid, i bet it does the job twice as well with half the effort

I think up.yours shoe idea is a good un, you can also do it for free, and I don't mean nick one from a shoe shop, I can't be the only one that regularly sees odd shoes laying at the road side !!!???

Or....he said with the "Tiler" part of his name to the fore...Quarry Tile it, done once never need doing again.

Also makes sweeping up easier, finding things that you dropped easier and oil spills come right up..

They dont break under the force of a centre stand from a triumph Trophy1200 either.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online