Garage sorting

neversaydie
This post is 3301 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Had a bit of a clean up today in the garage. Why do we keep so much stuff? I turned up in excess of 200 allen keys, metric and imperial, micrometers, thread gauges, imperial taps and reamers, v blocks, scribing blocks etc etc.

Ive not used any of em for donkeys, Im inclined to tip em

Any comments?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

don't tip 'em , offer them on here.

I could always use a reamer especailly an adjutable one

I agree with drewpy.

Sort out what you have. Maybe make up some sets with the Allen Keys.

Put up a few pictures on here and see if anyone is interested.

One mans surplus ( Surplus tools ?? Never heard the like) is another Must Have !!

Yes as above, I have a set of Britool AF spanners that have been in my tool kit for years might never use them BUT, one day, you never know. Someone will just love to have what you don't need any more.

That must be where the magic tool fairy beams all my tools.

Ooh... dibs on a Micrometer, please!!!!

If you are literally chucking this stuff, not wanting any money for it, I suggest listing the items in a For Sale type thread (although you're not actually selling anything) and just request people pay the postage on the bits they want.

As above. As I own a couple of auld Brit clunkers, I'm always on the lookout for Imperial and whitworth kit

I sorted out a complete set of imperial allen keys to save, then I skipped the rest. Looks like you can buy sets for as much as postage would have costed. Some more trawling turned up a lovely internal micrometer set from 0 to 6 inch in a nice red case that Id forgotten I had

In the end, I put it all back ( minus the keys), just couldnt get rid

I keep everything, through it away today & you'll need it tomorrow! the amount of times I've needed something to bodge a job and managed to find something in the garage that will do the trick even if its only something to hit with a hammer, it can save you ruining to good tool.

You should see the back of my truck, got half an FJ1200 in there, several FTO bits and a nitro RC car... Aswell as a halfords roller tool box with most tooling to deal with a major breakdown (physical, not emotional)