2-Stroke meet - Squires cafe

This post is 4960 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

morning all,this is it ,who will show up and who won't. have that coffee ready drewpy im on my way:D .......................in twenty mins.

Hi Guys ,

I thought the turnout was pretty good this year , it was good to meet some of you guys, trouble is i forgot to take my camera but picked these up from the triples site they are a bit biased , see you at the triples southern rally next week ,blackhat

has anyone got any video of the rideout

Some pics here, click the pic for a larger veiw

th_P1040192.jpg

th_P1040194.jpg

th_P1040196.jpg

th_P1040181.jpg

th_P1040182.jpg

th_P1040183.jpg

th_P1040184.jpg

th_P1040185.jpg

th_P1040186.jpg

th_P1040188.jpg

th_P1040189.jpg

th_P1040190.jpg

th_P1040191.jpg

Guest CardBoardDave

Great to meet you all :) Really enjoyed it

Riped from the rd site

04092010397.jpg

Us leaving the cafe

Wash up brew smoke an hay for me.

fantasitic day thanks

just got back Dave,

fantastic weekend and ready for bed now :D

squires-2010-no-L.jpg

here's Kev on his LC

th_MOV00917.jpg

not really but he did start up up jis fekkin bike at 2 in the moring and revved its balls off (too much juice methinks)

OT met Kev and me at MCD's

we got served by MArio

mario.jpg

i came back yesterday as i was out last night but great day nice to see everyone and the weather was good.

just a few photos of the place only one with a member on it heading for his bike for rideout, thumbnails click on phots to enlarge.

th_DSC01235.jpg

th_DSC01234.jpg

th_DSC01233.jpg

th_DSC01232.jpg

th_DSC01231.jpg

th_DSC01230.jpg

th_DSC01229.jpg

th_DSC01228.jpg

Litterally just got back and had to have the spanners out on the way.

Question, What is THE most important bulb on my bike?

Yep, the oil level light. Only mine was an oil level dark. And i hadn't noticed. I noticed when she nipped up (thankfully i stopped only 500yrds from a BP). So a chug of oil in the fueltank the rest in the oil tank, she started and I let her tick over while i bled the pump on the side of the A5. Rode a few mile nice and gentle and it LOOKS like i have got away with it. Nice and smokey :D

I may have the top off and have a lookie see over the winter.

Otherwise apart from getting soaked it was good run back. A and B roads this time, screw the motorway.

Roll on YOC on tour 2011 B)

Really great to meet you guys and put some faces to the names, we lucky with the weather too :D

some big distances travelled by Mervyn (Pilningas) Jason(Cynic) and top of them all Pat (2wheels) 350 was it Pat? Hats off to you for making the effort. Blackhat that widowmaker H2 is a real smelly noisy beast ;) but at least it was quiet in the middle of the night...ehh Kev :rolleyes:

Cynic, Oooopsss

Thats one thing I do like about my DTR, you can see the oil level easily when standing off the bike. Glad it wasnt more serious.

Last and not least CardboardDave ...what a bike.. :hail::hail:

Squires2010.jpg

I'm back too, safe and sound. Was really, really good meeting you all, the accolades have to go to Blackhat, BWJ and 2Wheels for the effort in getting there.

It shows the kind of people that frequent this forum, that we all managed to get there and have a superb time.

Thanks OG for leading me to Glossop, was an easy ride to wolverhampton from there on sime nice A-roads.

...i'll post up a more meaningful review asap, right now i'm gonna veg-out!

Well sounds like were all good.

That ride out was a blast, just bikers dicking about in a relaxed and friendly way on bikes. Especially the hooning around on the trip back to squires eh blackhat...

The real blow was Vez, you kicked it all off and couldnt get there. Whats up mate? Thought you might beg some transport to call in for a pint or something. You really missed out there.

And cardboarddave, finally on the trip home i didn't have those headlights of yours in the mirror.

Hows about a little vote here, if we announce just WHAT he did in open forum the 125 brigade will never leave him alone, he he he.

I vote we out him :lol:

Well what a weekend" cracking- company, Weather superb- And you all missed the Bedtime lullaby sung by Up yours on the 350lc in key 10,000 RPM. at 2 am :blink::lol:..........

The rideout was hillarious , esp the twistys [ wide open field section] three abreast round them corners, and drews nearly taking me on the inside" spent most of the day battling with 2 TDR"s B)

like fkn wasps, then lost on numberous occasions, only to land behind the two DT175s[ how cute were they] true hare and tortoise ,

The blast down dueler was manic too:lol: , as i backed off to await Old git;[ sat naviteer ] i was passed by Cardbd dave ON A 125 :o 95mph , the wasps were stung also by the tiddler :lol:

And kev and the Lc500, i think we were all paralysed,,,,,, and the R1s who were along side, as we cruised at 90 with the 125 ON L plates led the pack., only to be lost again,

Q the DT175s when we found track,

P1040194.jpg

Just re-awoken up again.

Guys, you were a blast, what a great weekend. the weather, and scenery were fantastic

finally found the place where we went on the ride out.

here

I think we need to "have a word" with CBdave's engine builder :D but i might let him off for finding that pikkie of my bike in the strokers forum :P

glad you all got back safely, just got to find out about Pat as he don't get home till 9pm (I think he said!)

Ok the paracetomol seems to be working :bag:

Well well well the YOC is where legends are born guys, we have in our murky midst not one- but two motorcycling Knights

Sir Cardboard-Dunlop-Dave(for services in advancing 2stroke engineering and speed benchmarking) and

Sir Pat-Ranulf-Feinnes-2Wheels(for services in advancing long distance endurance and un-aided navigation)

Amazing meet guys and what a bunch, well worth the ride down to shake hands with the people behind the goofy names and avatars, and to bow in front of the two guys above-who went to extreme lengths to get there, the sun shines on the riteous, great roads and some entertaining and very skillfull roadcraft (pilningas-road king), Up-Yours the dark horse (contagiously cheery in real life, and provided a gothic blue smokey haze in the moonlit setting of the campsite-at 01:30hrs) :blink: , Cynic, Oldgitonabike, Drewpy, Oldtimer, Blackhat250 you guys made a warm September weekend something I wont forget for the rest of my days !

In the beginning,,,,,

there was a nice quiet, idyllic and peacefull camping spot-

P1010502.jpg

P1010501.jpg

Then this happened :huh:

P1010503.jpg

then this ,,, :o

P1010508.jpg

Bikers Fukkin here !

Bikers Fukkin,,,,,,there

Oldgits sleeping in vans (a photo from inside the van taken at 2am- :blink: )

04216.jpg

, Kev we gotta sort this, get the 'I-gun' out,

Special thanks to Pilningas for this little gem

P1010518.jpg

and to Sir Pat2Wheels for this BIG gem, which works a treat ! :D

P1010514.jpg

Right I gotta lie down now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Looks like you all had a proper blast, truly gutted i couldn't make it. Hopefully there will be another meet @ squires next year B), or sooner.

Excellent write up and pics guys, makes up for not being able to get there :thumb:

Kudos to 2-Wheels for getting there, amazed you attempted it at all on a 125  :hail:.

Now excuse me, there is some serious sulking to be done. :P

Looks like you all had a proper blast, truly gutted

Now excuse me, there is some serious sulking to be done. :P

Awe am gutted for yeh Vez, it was a blast mate,,,B) check that Video---- UP yours " forgot to switch petrol on "AGAIN" Still popped a wheely tho":D , i lifted the wheel also [ short shifting too]B)

And check CardyDaves 150 ?170? ,200 ? its got serious lift [ in front of Drewps] That aint no 125.:unsure:

Well sounds like were all good.

That ride out was a blast, just bikers dicking about in a relaxed and friendly way on bikes. Especially the hooning around on the trip back to squires eh blackhat...

The real blow was Vez, you kicked it all off and couldnt get there. Whats up mate? Thought you might beg some transport to call in for a pint or something. You really missed out there.

And cardboarddave, finally on the trip home i didn't have those headlights of yours in the mirror.

Hows about a little vote here, if we announce just WHAT he did in open forum the 125 brigade will never leave him alone, he he he.

I vote we out him

For voting we need categories

i.e.

1 - clinically certifiable :huh:

2 - stark raving mad :lol:

3 - Nuts :blink:

4* - OCD :)

5 - Kev :bunny:

6 - Barking :mellow:

7- Keen :icon_biggrin:

8 - Quite keen :icon_cheesygrin:

9 - Old :yay:

And I think we should 're-name' the event by the guy who kicked it all off-and couldn't go

'the Vez 20ten @ Squires' ?

* hOly-shit, its Cardboard Dave

[quote name='Cynic' timestamp='1283705100' post='12888

Yeh Cynic" Thats coz he was in front of your failing wasp :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online