Mystery Scaffolding Appears On My House

Grouch
This post is 2768 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

When I got home from work tonight I planned on a nice relaxing evening and an early night. How fucking wrong was I! Come home to find scaffolding erected on my house. I automatically phoned the landlord and he doesn't have a clue. So I asked all the neighbours on the street, the next street and the next street up. No one has any idea. My bedroom windows were open so I could of easily been burgled. I know I'm probably overreacting and it's just probably a mix up but you know me, now I'm thinking some gypsies are going to turn up on my door demanding cash! The scaffolding looks shoddy, no company sign or any identifying features. It doesn't even look safe. I've just had to take two weeks off work after being knocked off my bike and left for dead so I can't afford to take more time off. Just one thing adter another. Now the Mrs is thinking someones going to climb through the window while we are asleep or were going to get burgled or something. You just couldnt make this shit up.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:eek2: good grief man! You just can't seem to catch a break!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, drewpy said:

should make a movie of your life.

At least its not a boring exsistence :)

Mr bean,,,,

• Like 1

Here's what you do Grouch, take the scaffolding down, put it in your back garden then when they come to get it back charge them for it. As Tommy said you now have the materials for your bike shed as well, always a silver lining mate.

You couldn't make this shit up!!!

• Like 3

At least some people find it funny. I don't have a spare three hours and two men to help me take it down, and to be honest I don't have the energy. I'm talking about scaffolding not a fucking mecano set. Some of the bars are 30 foot long. I live in a two bedroom terrace so I don't have the space to store it in the garden. 

6 hours ago, neversaydie said:

No Scafftag, its illegal. The Elf n Safety at the local council

That's what I thought but it's not on domestic scaffold, just tower scaffold.

• Like 1

I agree Grouch I wouldn't try and take it down as you would have to climb up it to dismantle it and as you said it doesn't look safe, and the thought of you 30 ft in the air with tools doesn't bare thinking about, and these people who find it funny shame on you:ph34r:

• Like 1

I could easily dismantle it, it would just take hours and I would need at least one person to help me. I'd have to pass it down to someone. I've phoned all the scaffolding companies in Bradford and a few in Leeds and no one is claiming responsibility. I actually work in construction so I got one of the scaffolders at work to have a look. He said it's been erected properly and it is safe. So it seems legit. So now it's just waiting until they realise their mistake and come and get it.

Yeah it seems funny and it doesn't sound a big deal does it? But how would you like scaffolding being put on the front of your house not knowing who's it is or how long it will be there? It is also obstructing the view of my bike and blocking my security light. The Mrs is scared someone will climb through the bedroom window in the middle of the night so I have to close it. Now I won't hear the alarm as loud as I normally would. So now the bike is less safe on so many different levels.. Also some burglar can use it as an aid to burgle my house. Yes all very improbable but remember this is me we are talking about not your average go lucky person. I just want the monstrosity to be taken away.  

• Like 1

Bugger fella. Hopefully someone will come round soon and realise it's a mistake (or you'll get some free repairs done to your house)

10 hours ago, clarke said:

Bugger fella. Hopefully someone will come round soon and realise it's a mistake (or you'll get some free repairs done to your house)

It's rented so I couldn't care less.

There's £800 worth. So I'd want £200 for a quick sale. Buyer collects.

• Like 1

If some mystery scaffold appeared on my house, i'd be chuffed. Straight up to all the jobs, I keep putting off - sort the aerial out, repoint a few ridge tiles, reflaunch the chimney pot etc.

• Like 1

I have cleaned the gutter but I'm not bothered about free work getting done. It's rented. So the only person who would benefit is the landlord and I've already pumped too much money into the house ready for the next tenant when I move out in a year. 

• Like 1

This is my favourite use of scaffolding - 30ft long, in Calne, Wilts.

24ypte1.jpg

• Like 3

I was expecting something more along the lines of a golf ball and a fire extinguisher. 

Mispent youth?