Rain!

ojmiddleton
This post is 3413 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

When picking up the balaclava buy one of the wee wiper type things that fit over one of your glove fingers. Great for clearing the visor, or maybe some rain-ex

Cheers oj

We tend to help the newbies on here, not rag them......That comes later

• Like 1

Another tip, dont ware an open face lid in the rain unless you like the feeling of needles in your face and eyes :shakeno:

When rain is that heavy, open visor and drop sun-visor (if it's light enough).

Doesn't always work, but has saved me on occasion.

I use anti-fog solution on the inside, but it needs reapplying frequently and rain getting inside the visor will wash it right off as it's essentially Fairy washing-up liquid.

For the outside, I use MucOff cleaner and just wipe sideways with a glove. I am heavy on my kit, so Vee-Wipes don't last long and I still don't trust Rain-X (supposedly makes the visor brittle, as it's designed for glass not plastic).

If it's THAT bad - as it was for me a couple months ago where the spray was coming from 18" up the sides of vehicles, reducing visibility to 20' and we were doing serious motorway speeds - then you have no choice but to pull off and wait for conditions to improve - Believe me, continual eyefulls of stinging, salty, filthy water laden with road crap will soon prove how unsafe the riding conditions are!!

• Like 1

Nice one drewpy thanks, Grouch is that the kinda double layer on the inside of the visor? If so ive got one of them...it wasn't the misting up that was the issue just the water on the visor.

Yeah that's the one.

• 3 weeks later...

Like when the new kid gets asked to go and ask someone for a long wait, or go get the glass hammer...

Wttc bud

I once sent a young newbie at work to tool stores for a long wait... He came back with a plumbob and a length of string... Couldn't really say he was wrong

• Like 1