First fall.

vayduh
This post is 3508 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Took a lowside fall today. Front wheel hit some tractor mud on a corner and the bike went from under me.

Glad to say the gear all did its job just fine. Sore leg and some light scraping on my arm. My jacket is pretty badly damaged but rather it than me.

I was not going fast as ironically I could see that conditions were poor and had slowed down considerably (although obviously not enough). I feel fortunate to be able to say I learned!

Now I need to go buy some parts to replace the broken bits.

Its the original tyres on the bike (Yamaha YBR 125). I had been thinking of replacing them as a few people have said they are not that great. I'm not suggesting that had anything to do with the fall but I'd still be interested in any recommendations for replacement tyres.

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Firstly, sorry to hear you came off and I hope you're not too badly hurt.

Secondly, if your crash helmet contacted the road in any way, replace it. Don't ever wear it again.

Thirdly, hope the bike doesn't need too much in the way of repairs.

Oh, and in case you missed the point, if you hit your crash helmet on the road, get a new one and throw the old one away.

My helmet didn't touch the floor at all.

My left elbow, left hip, and left knee took the brunt of it.

I'm not badly hurt at all.

Bike will need some attention but its pretty much all cosmetic. Some bent levers, pranged fairings, broken mudguard, split rubbers. All of which have just been ordered. The instrument panel mounts were also bent but having a hard time working out the part number for that.

As above sorry to hear that you bent the bike, we have all been there I'm afraid, equally as above and to the point of tedium if there is ANY chance that your nogging got a wallop change the lid and put a hammer through the old one, just check it out, you will be amazed what happens when you fall off, all sorts of things get knocked about.

Aye vaydu" its a learning curve, where are you , there is a lot of potato harvest going on ,. when it rains it will be 10x worse, :shakeno:

Fife.

Regarding the helmet:

I do not recall the helmet touching the ground and there are absolutely no marks on it at all.

Everything else is ripped / scraped / dented: bike, trousers, jacket, gloves, boots but I'm very sure the helmet is unscathed.

claim against the tractor

Ha" they put up a little hand written sign, MUD ON ROAD, this covers there ass, and thers dozens of them , been dry lately ,

when the rain comes they"l be accidents for shure, :eusa_snooty:

Its the original tyres on the bike (Yamaha YBR 125). I had been thinking of replacing them as a few people have said they are not that great. I'm not suggesting that had anything to do with the fall but I'd still be interested in any recommendations for replacement tyres.

Thanks

Sorry to hear about the tumble. More or less anything will be better than the stock tyres. They are designed to last for ages and that's about all you can say about them. Choice is a bit limited given the size on the YBR125. Michelin Pilot Sportys used to be the tyre of choice, so naturally Michelin stopped making them. Closest they do at the present is the Pilot Street which I really rate. Had them fitted to my YBR and they came as standard with the MT

As long as your ok thats all that matters.

As for tires can't help but I have said befor that if I lived where it rains that much I would look at full rain race tires or intermediat tires. I would rather spend on tires than other parts and new gear,as well falling off hurts slow or fast.

Glad to hear your ok buddy, the amount of mud on the road these days left by tractors is stupid but with out them we got no chips or milk, being down here in somerset we got hundreds of the buggers.

On a few corners there is also dropped gravel, barley and last week i think there was even aprt of the actual tractor in the road.

Glad you're ok after your first 'get off'. Chances are even with new tyres you'd have been off - mud on oil is like ice (or slime on a river bed!). Once the front wheel starts slipping there's a huge amount of luck involved as to where you go. As to replacement rubber the only advice I can give is go for the best quality you can afford. I've got Continentals on my SR - front cost me about £40, rear was about £60. Plus about £30 each if I hadn't fitted myself. Could have saved about £30 if I'd put cheap Chinese tyres on.

Glad you're ok! Good thing for the gear! I had a little skid this morning, but that was due to an old bag pulling out in front of me. :madflame:

Glad you're ok! Good thing for the gear! I had a little skid this morning, but that was due to an old bag pulling out in front of me. :madflame:

did you follow through then Sash? :babyha:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online