My new pet hate

meatloaf
This post is 3347 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Out cruising the Surrey countryside today when some twat drags his dog across the road right in front of me, of course the dog doesn't want to cross cos his mate is sitting at side of the road, so he just sits down.

Now I love dogs and wouldn't want to hurt one but stupid dog owners is a different thing.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Shortly after I got my CG125 I was riding down a local road in Basingstoke when a twat called his dog across the road a couple of yards in front of me.

The dog, being a good dog, did what his owner said and went running out into the road.

I swerved to miss the dog, hit the curb and came off. I still have a scar on my knee.

When I got myself off the road both dog and twat had disappeared.

• 5 months later...

Being an ex-dog handler, my pet hate is any owner that cannot control their dog. The biggest one being the clowns that get dragged along the road by their dogs. I feel like stopping my bike / car and taking the fugging dog of them

Mine is when you get dog owners walking dogs off the lead next to a main road because they think they have it trained, then it see our dogs on the opposite side of the road and thinks I will go and see them as dogs do.

I have had to step out into the road many times to stop traffic as the last thing I want to see is a dog ran over.

• Like 1

Having worked with dogs for 14yrs I have no reason to wonder...The dog is always the clever guy in the partnership

• Like 2

Pigeons , yea pigeon in your visor on the motor way ! now that's my pet hate . :madflame:

Have to agree. Never had one in the visor but had a big B**tard fly into my chest while riding through Kent. Nearly knocked me off the bike and left a pigeon sized bruise.

But smacking a pigeon out of the air as it flies alongside your bike at head-height is quite rewarding!!

Broke my visor, left me concussed and was spitting pigeon dust for a few days. I would rather go without the reward as pigeon dust is rank!

I meant smacking it out of the way with a fist as it tries desperately to fly faster!

I had a pheasant fly into me last October. Head on straight into my visor lol. Ripped my visor off, gave me a headache and killed it stone dead. I retrieved it and had it for tea that night :D

• Like 2

Ewww. You wasted that. You should have hung it for a few weeks. Maybe a month.

Now that would have been good.

And I was startled by the bumble bee that I hit. I can see I've never really lived

Wait till you have a flock of pigeons take flight from a field.

Had that in my truck once, they flew at a diagonal and saw the glass as a way through. Like something from Hitchcock. Must have killed/stunned a dozen or more of them hitting the windscreen and passenger window.

Riding from Corby to Oundle once and a herd of Reeves's Muntjac deer jumped over the nearside hedge, how none of them hit me I have no idea.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online