Anyone manage to get out today?

drewpy
This post is 3607 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Thanks, it's a great bike I have to say, so much fun. Once the weather is a little warmer it'll be taking me up to Scotland. Hoping to get a week off work, plan on camping and spending my time riding all around.

Heard good things about the 1050, bet that's even more fun!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I had a nice ride out yesterday, went to my 1st BBQ of the year haha. Loads of bikes out, the most I've seen since i started riding I think. Not so nice today though, got piss wet through, covered in salt and my bike is filthy haha. Someone remind why I have a bike and not a car?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

went down the road n the Gilera, and its too rich, even with changing the needle height.

need to get a set of mains

that expansion chamber look's the dogs :thumb:

thanks tommy, sound better too. makes loads of 2 smoke noise as I whizz past at 20 MPH :biglaugha:

Someone remind why I have a bike and not a car?

Wash your mouth out. :fingerwave:

The weather has improved here, I managed to get out yesterday - I did around 40 miles on the YBR Custom.

It's really nice here this morning - but the wife wants me to jetwash the winter 'green' off the patios - so I'll struggle to get out today. Booooo! :(

Matlock run this morning, lovely day around here

Loads out on the roads, lots parked up in the town, all looked like they'd come straight from the showroom, not many winter bikes there methinks. Nice show though

I rode 2 bikes today, first the Gilera ( up and down the gearbox all the time) and it knackered me out :biglaugha:

so took the tracker out to Rivvington car park Barn for a few hours.and blew away the cobwebs

It was such a nice day it would have been a crime not to go out.

Did just over 100 miles just riding the back roads around Basingstoke/Andover/Newbury area.

Went out for a good ride but when I got to the snake pass the road was closed air ambulance ! Police every where.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/local-news/biker-dies-after-head-on-collision-6790856

Sad when this happens not a lot you can say only. If you have not ridden all winter. Take care every year someone is killed on the snake on the first day of good weather .

Yes I live right at the start of Snake Pass. It's sad when something like this happens but as you say, that road is notorious for it.

Yesterday was the first manic day of the year - bikers galore. So many of them speeding past my house towards Snake Pass (before it closed) at excessive speeds for a residential area.

Managed a sneaky 100 mile jaunt today... Out around Woodhead, Sheffield, Strines Moor, Snake Pass, Winnats Pass, Castleton and back down Snake Pass.

Going to miss my bike when I'm away next week... Woe...

Managed a sneaky 100 mile jaunt today... Out around Woodhead, Sheffield, Strines Moor, Snake Pass, Winnats Pass, Castleton and back down Snake Pass.

Going to miss my bike when I'm away next week... Woe...

I'll look after it for you bipp!!

I'll look after it for you bipp!!

I bet you would! Now Jimmy has given you a taste for Triumphs and all...

• Like 1

Was up Matlock last week, a few bikes out at Matlock Bath, but what's with the one way over the bridge into Matlock town? had to do a 2 mile detour to get in.

The weather has improved here, I managed to get out yesterday - I did around 40 miles on the YBR Custom.

It's really nice here this morning - but the wife wants me to jetwash the winter 'green' off the patios - so I'll struggle to get out today. Booooo! :(

It's been glorious here. Hot and cloudless skies.

I've been working in the garden. :(

I had a brief ride out on Sunday to my nearest Aldis - about 15 miles away. Got some socks and went back home. Slight detour - wife not over impressed 3 hours later when I got home!! Lovely sunny day though - not quite sure why she was so vexed as I did buy her a steam cleaner from tesco's later on lol

• Like 1

A dull start to the day (or should it be end, as I'm on my way home from nightshift)

31_zps8e6c7251.jpg

30_zpsf332d0b5.jpg