Possibly my next bike?

slice
This post is 3849 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok I love my Yammie and I would be loath to part with it, but when I was a kid 14/15 I saw a bike in my local bike shop window and really fell in love with it. Life got in the way and what with one thing and another I forgot about it and just plugged on with what I was doing, then last week I bought myself a new bike jacket from my local bike shop a Bering Oddysee, nice jacket and while I was there lo and behold there sat in the window was the bike I had seen nearly 50 years ago, you could have knocked me down with a feather and I could not believe that it looked so new! Then the salesman jumps in and says it is new for 2013, built in India and has all the mod cons we softies in the developed world are used to. I am really thinking hard about this bike, was going to get an FJR but not so sure now. see what you think of this old timer!!!

535CC Single cylinder 29BHP and top speed of 90ishMPH And all for the grand total of £5,199.

Royal-Enfield-Cafe-Racer.jpg

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I quite like the look of it if I'm honest.

There is actually a review about this bike in the latest edition of RIDE magazine if you wanted to check out what they say about it.

Thanks Bippo but I have been looking at the reviews since I saw it and still want it, just my last chance to own one in this life.

Then go for it, you only live once!! At the end of the day, no bike is perfect, would be a pretty boring place otherwise.

That's a sexy looking bike slice! I've always had a soft spot for Enfields (not Harry Enfield before you start)

• Like 2

It was the first bike I ever wrote off a 1966 royal Enfield continental Gt it was my brothers he had lent it me for the day sadly. He never got it back. He still mentions it when we meet thankfully which isn't very often as he lives in the states . So he won't find out it has come back in another life as a 500cc,it was a 250cc with a beautiful. Red tank which being fibre glass didn't stand up very well to the crash. Glad to hear you are getting one I fulfilled my lifetime dream of an mv agusta this year as bippo. Says you only live once.

Yeh go for it,,,,thers to be more classics reborn soon .Yamaha Xt500. and an Lc350 .[4 stroke tho] ... like you i lusted after the big unaffordable bikes of our Erra, Thats why i bagged the H2 + Z900 Kwakers, me being a Yamaha owner of the 1970"s with my little DT"s :colors:

If it feels right, go for it

I guess you will have left school at 15 or 16 and had 45 years plus of graft keeping a roof over the family's heads

Later life is the only chance many of us get to spoil ourselves

Unless youre a millionaire, of course

If it has the grin factor for you then get it, regardless of what any reviews say :icon_biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

Get it, then sell the house and buy the FJR as well!!!

Reminds me very much of a Manx Norton,mainly the tank. I like it,you can't build one for that.

I had never bought a new bike till 2001 I always bought wrecks and fixed them back up,sold them on to buy the next project.I can honestly say buying a new bike was the best move I ever made,I have kept them both fully/over maintaned and never had a problem with either bike( the charge coil gave up on the wr in 2010 but hell 10 yrs is prety good IMO) havin a new bike is like a new sexy girl friend you cant do enough for them or get off them. :yeah: .You ride a new tight bike and wonder how the hell did I ride that thing

If it's going to make you hav a grin from ear to ear then go buy it YOLO

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online