Found this website useful...

MRFZFR600R
This post is 3891 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

After all is said and done it's a crash helmet and even the worst ones will take the sting out of a fall, I'm sure it has to do with the quality of the materials used and the amount of staff you employ as to the price you pay at the door. I have a cheapo lid that has Blue tooth phone & intercom and I think it makes tea while you wait for the Ambulance after and accident, plus it has an automatic last number redial so if you do fall off you don't need to have your phone on you to call for help!! all for the grand price of £60 what's not to love?

safer? I don`t find those helmets safer. yes, if you stay in a place and you get a hammer in your head, is a lot safer BUT: big noises, no fog vizor, no sun vizor, no, no, no, no etc.

I have a HJC R-PHA MAX but today I saw a nice scorpion helmet. the strange think is the scorpion helmet is just 260 pounds. but is better than my HJC and this cost 360. better vision, better noise protection, all features included, and a nice air pump system. this one

I always go with Cabergs, myself. About £100, but they're the only ones that fit snug - The more expensive, the more a pain in the arse it is to get on and I've never found an Arai or Schuberth in my size that actually works for me.

Added bonus that most of the Cabergs (with the surprising exception of 2) score the full 5 stars on SHARP!!

Drewpy it's a VIPER RS-V121 not a wonderful helmet but has flip front and all of the above don't think they make this one anymore but have upgraded it to something else, I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

Oh and forgot to mention it also has one of those fighter pilot sun visor thingys.

I have the Viper RS 131 but there is no specs on this one on that site. I assume it must be the same rating as the 121 model.

I am happy with mine although I have never had a spill with it.

Ive been running the same Shark S500 Air 'lid for the past 2 years, probably due for a renewal.

some of the plastic trim on the oustide has snapped off through being dropped/rolling off the shelf, but other than that i find it is a quiet lid with good fit, cost me about £100 when new with a bit of discount from a dealer iirc.

I use a nitro Aikido and it had a 5 star sharps result the same ast the big boys but only cost £50.
Fit's me and my pocket well as well as being a carbon fiber & pinlock lid.
Sometimes you can just find one that suits.

I've had a Nitro Vx775 for about 3 years and it's a great helmet. Fits snugly and keeps out the noise fine. It cost me £45 off ebay.

I've had a Nitro Vx775 for about 3 years and it's a great helmet. Fits snugly and keeps out the noise fine. It cost me £45 off ebay.

yea maybe, but you have a funny shaped head, :crylaugh:

I have a few helmets, one being the same viper as yours slice. I agree, an excellent wee helmet although a mate and I who both bought one at the same time both found the Bluetooth died after about 1 year (I still suspect it doesn't fair to well in the wet). The same mate swears by the caberg and as Ttaskmaster says, scores top marks in the government ratings. That said, I do think that a helmets 'safety' is a multifaceted thing and not just an impact rating. I've just ordered a schuberth c3 with SRC system--around 600 scoobies. A massive investment for me, but not there's mono point being this rediculously good looking and not protecting my head :P

A massive investment for me **but there's no point ...**

• Who's Online (See full list)