First Bike

NEV
This post is 4726 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Reading Fuff66UK's thread about him trying to find his first bike, and good luck to him finding it too btw, I got to thinking about my first bike, it was a Honda c50, me and my mate went halves on at £14 quid back in 77, and he kept it at his house cos he had a helmet, lol he's got a nice 'busa nowadays, the bastid, so what was your first bike, and I don't mean something you were riding off road at 11, but road legal aged 16 onwards?

hondac50.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Don't know about whether I'd want it today or not, I do wish though I'd kept my 750/4 k2 mind.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

My first bike was a new 1964 Honda Sport 50. I got it when I turned 16 after a week of nagging at my father to let me purchase it. My Dad decided to let me get it because one of his friends said it would be difficult to get a girl in trouble if I had a bike rather than a car. Boy was he wrong!! :P

I think I paid $325 for it. I rode the little Honda for a year or so. Had a lot of fun with it but I don't think I ever took a picture of it.

Rocky

HondaSport50.jpg

My first bike was one of these (not the one in the picture, mine was a lot more battered, but it was ace!)

SS50.jpg

Then it was a Honda CM125, then a Suzuki X7 then various GS's, GSX's and Triumphs and....oh I wish I'd kept 'em all!

Aside from a DT50m that was my very first bike, one of these was my second cost me 25quid......

DSC00085.jpg

Oh yea, and i do still have it 24 years later :lol:

Well here's a laugh for you, genuine period photo taken around end of 1977~1978, This was my first bike!......bike?.......alright scooter! tongue.gif

I restored it laugh.gif ...i.e decoke and new rings and painted it blue!!! fitted the crash bars and air horns and added a load of mirrors and front screen. (yet to be added in this photo).but take a look at thoses flares...got to be 12 inches ( my feet were size 12)

The best bit is this was BEFORE the mod revival which was a year or two away. I used it on the road to pass my test and used it for a couple of years before it was scrapped as an MOT failure so I replaced it with an Orange one and swapped the chrome and mirrors over, then came the MOD revival and I duly sold it for over £250.....that was a bloody fortune then!! Talk about being in the right place at the right time.......I only paid a few pounds for it!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I had one of these.The day I was 16 could ot wait to get on the road.Being new years eve there was snow on the ground and nearly passed out with hypthermia.Never put me off though.My link

My Peugeot Ludix Blaster Scooter - apparantly the "fastest accelerating scooter" + boy could it shift off the mark - just a shame it wasn't a 125...

LudixBlaster.jpg

First proper bike

XVS125front.jpg

My first bike was when I was 16 and it was FS1E – DX 49cc, (the DX had a disc brake, as if it needed it lol). The pic is not the actual bike, just for demo. It was an R reg (the first time around) and it also had pedals, which meant if you wanted you could pedal it, but it also meant it was unrestricted, so not the normal 3 bhp but a whopping 4.5 bhp. Which meant it would fly, well in moped terms anyway, on a good day it would do 45 on the flat.

1977-FS1E.jpg

1989 DT50MX, "Donkey", G237 MYA,,, oh how i miss you so :( , almost two years down the road im still keeping an eye out for it on ebay in the home it will come up for sale again and i can buy it back...

plenty of pics of it floating around on here, will attach one tomorrow if i have time though.

after that it was the Jawa 350... never managed to get around to putting it on the road, so i bought an '89 XJ 600, now i have the '83 XJ650 Turbo

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online