The modern 4 stroke riders will never......

Cynic
This post is 5039 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Oh been out today, the missus had taken the kids to a party and would be gone for 3-4 hours, was it work. No, was it football, No. It was Bike keys.

150 miles and 2 tanks of gas later i'm buzzing, no dual carriage ways, no motorways just sweet A and B roads and a blast on the new Bedford ring which is just perfect, new tarmac and roundabouts with minimal traffic.

Sweet, the bike is still cooling down outside pinging contentedly to its self. The title? They will never experience the sound of a 2stroke twin having the throttle nailed, the knife edge power that has the tail breaking out. Its almost erotic the howl, the airbox. No 4 stroke will ever come close.

Anybody who says otherwise is deaf.

What a fu :D king ace afternoon....... :D :D :D:D:D:D:D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well done Cynic.

I thought about doing some work on the bike myself, but got the two bob bits.

B)Aye Cynic " Iken the feeling, love two-strokes, when out on my triple the sound is awsome B) I"v bought anouther Yam, too will post pics later in the week when pick her up:rolleyes:

Its the pairing of the chassis and the engine that make it so special. It the bike was dear at the time and its all in the suspention. Bumpy road PAH, smooth road PAH, you want to scrape the pegs, crack on. The bike is just born hooligan. B)B)B)

Have ya got any pics of her, even though ya propably posted them on here before.

Sounds like a sweet bike to ride.

Have ya got any pics of her, even though ya propably posted them on here before.

Sounds like a sweet bike to ride.

Here you go 2 wheels.

P8130014.jpgP8130015.jpg

Think 50hp DT125 with road tyres and you are getting close. The best bit, and this affects cars and bikes the same. Everybody assumes its a 125 so when you open the taps the looks on their faces are priceless.

Its a stocker too, thats ALL genuine original bodywork no busted lugs either (thats very very rare).

I absofcukinglutely love this bike.

That's a cracker of a bike Cynic.

Looks really well

Love the twin exhausts

What I like about this bike is the situp straight riding position, nice and comfy, and of course the rest of it ----- the stroker sound, the style, the height, light strong frame along with its excelent torque engine, just the look of this bike does it for me.

I bet it is on a par with the teneree 660.

Now can ya imagine, a top box, two side panniers, a rolled up ground mat and tent, a full tank and a long twisty road ahead of you with no destination. Now just hit 1st, pop the clutch, twist back the revs and ..... ...... .... ...... .... ..... do remember to come back and tell us how it all went !

there`s nothing left to say, you`ve said it all about a two-stroke twin that is "on song" :)

stop telling us/me any more about how good it was, as i am weak and will try to convince my missus that i NEED a two-stroke twin in my life!

then she will kill me and confiscate my wallet and bikes :icon_eek:

He he he i know that feeling Cynic, after 3 weeks on the road and not much spare time i am looking forward to smoking some roads next week on mine, paignton bike night next weds anyone ??

Merv

I bet it is on a par with the teneree 660.

Now can ya imagine, a top box, two side panniers, a rolled up ground mat and tent, a full tank and a long twisty road ahead of you with no destination. Now just hit 1st, pop the clutch, twist back the revs and ..... ...... .... ...... .... ..... do remember to come back and tell us how it all went !

:lol: Top box and paniers, that would be like bolting a tow bar to a Lotus Exige

I've been thinking on this and the best comparison i have come to is the 660 would be a Landrover110, with some expo kit it can go anywhere in the world.

The TDR would be a Bowler Tomcat, similar to look at from the same stock but luggage, economy and proper off road mud plugability ability were second to performance .

• 4 weeks later...

Just seen this, what an epic description of riding a two smoke. Your TDR looks bloody stunning.

I have the brother to your TDR, I have the TZR250 2MA and friggin love it. Open it up and the power valve spins, opens up and it goes mental. I have only ever owned one four stroke. Have had some proper quick 2Ts, such as a RG500s etc but the little TZR is my ideal bike. Very light, pretty punchy and I still think it looks great. I liked it so much the other day I ran it out of fuel and ended up having to push it for over a mile in 30 degree heat to the nearest fuel station!!!

took mine on a 60 mile round trip to buy a new camera, quick trip it was, could most likley have got a camera closer too home but that is the nearest Argos shop and the roads are brilliant

I wonder if there will be any of these at the 2 stroke gathering ? :unsure:

I hope there is at least one, not sure on the camping side of things but at the moment its looking good. :)

i couldn't agree more, i had a rd250lc for many years. it had nothing under 5ooo revs then everything at once. the front wheel would often lift in any of the first three gears and the noise was fantastic. you could screem it down the country lanes in relative safety but it felt like it was about to take off. the problem is to get that two stroke kick from a four stroke you need to have something large and sporty, i currently have a yzf 750 which has a very powerful serge at 9000 revs but its almost unusable if you want to keep your licence. the two stroke lc was by far my favourite bike and i have often thought about getting another, but they are so expensive, your tdr is lovely looks almost mint i bet thats worth a few quid, im very jealous.

i couldn't agree more, i had a rd250lc for many years. it had nothing under 5ooo revs then everything at once. the front wheel would often lift in any of the first three gears and the noise was fantastic. you could screem it down the country lanes in relative safety but it felt like it was about to take off. the problem is to get that two stroke kick from a four stroke you need to have something large and sporty, i currently have a yzf 750 which has a very powerful serge at 9000 revs but its almost unusable if you want to keep your licence. the two stroke lc was by far my favourite bike and i have often thought about getting another, but they are so expensive, your tdr is lovely looks almost mint i bet thats worth a few quid, im very jealous.

The only minus point is somebody in the past decided to colour match the wheels? They should be gold. Otherwise it can be described as 'original unrestored condition'.I keep thinking on having the wheels re-built with the gold anodised rims and stainless spokes. One day i'll do it, its just i'm terrible at taking ages to do stuff for myself. I can work miracles for others but leave myself short all the time. As it is i can ride it and the wheels will be done one day.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online