Amazing vintage bike

meatloaf
This post is 3210 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Went for a short ride this evening to my local bike haunt and saw this amazing 1920 AJS, the owner has 12 vintage bikes and plans to get them all on the road, he believes bikes should be ridden not just for show. He bought it as a runner but it hadn't been on the road for years and took him several months to make it road worthy and today was his first test run. He has even got the gas lights fully working so that he can ride at night.20150721_161120_zpsjwwcpzo0.jpg

Its a bit differen from my V twin

20150721_162644_zpslvmm1opj.jpg

• Like 2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

very NICE,,,B)    should be ridden  "    well  not many dry days up north this year , its heading for the worst summer since 1985,  its pissed up here for last 2 weeks, and cold ,[  see the open golf @ St Andrews]    if you want low milage bikes ,buy Scottish  bikes,

So am heading to Leicester tomorrow on the Tiger , 420miles,  it better be warm,,,down there,:jossun:

• Like 1

Yup its reasonably warm down here, had a nice ride into work this morning

Loving the Horn on that AJS

very NICE,,,B)    should be ridden  "    well  not many dry days up north this year , its heading for the worst summer since 1985,  its pissed up here for last 2 weeks, and cold ,[  see the open golf @ St Andrews]    if you want low milage bikes ,buy Scottish  bikes,

So am heading to Leicester tomorrow on the Tiger , 420miles,  it better be warm,,,down there,:jossun:

'Liked' in a sad ironic way matey

• Like 1

Well bugger me ,  it was warm doon there , 19* B) ,  rode the old A6  over the shap, then A65 to skipton - leeds -M1 , , 

on way back ,I pushed my bag over exhaust [  sore ass , slid back onto pillion seat,]  it , set fire to the bag,:eusa_doh:,  flames, lucky some passing girls

Threw their bottled water on it ,  lost all my gear,  melted indicator , blackened nmbr plate,

Gutted for you mate. Glad the damage didn't extend to yourself though.

Oh man Blackie... Sorry you lost your gear. Hope the damage wasn't excessive.

geeze, shit happens man.

good opportunity to buy some new stuff ;)

Well bugger me ,  it was warm doon there , 19* B) ,  rode the old A6  over the shap, then A65 to skipton - leeds -M1 , , 

on way back ,I pushed my bag over exhaust [  sore ass , slid back onto pillion seat,]  it , set fire to the bag,:eusa_doh:,  flames, lucky some passing girls

Threw their bottled water on it ,  lost all my gear,  melted indicator , blackened nmbr plate,

Wow john, pictures or it didn't happen ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online