New bike

meatloaf
This post is 3206 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Picked up my new XVS 1300 custom today, first new bike for about 35 years, only managed a short ride today but will be going for a decent ride tomorrow. Its amazing how different it is to ride compared to the 1300 midnight star that I had and funny being back with pegs again. Only disappointments are my solo seat and rack hasn't been delivered yet and that really crappy quiet exhaust, I mean come on Yamaha its a V twin its meant to be fucking LOUD, looks like I'll be changing or modding them sometime real soon.

20150710_153343_zpsa5rzn3cn.jpg

20150710_153403_zpsx3ptri00.jpg 20150710_153755_zpsl6bmlrhk.jpg20150710_153748_zpsid23hu3k.jpg

• Like 3

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Great stuff - enjoy it!

That back tyre says you enjoyed that fist ride.

Can never beat that new bike feeling.

That does look good. Enjoy :thumb:

Sweet ride old son, but who bolted 2 dustbins on the side instead of exhausts? :biglaugha:

Looks like the heat shields could end up with gravel rash real soon.

Why is it?  if you scrape yourbike on the garage wall your gutted and ready to kill something but scrape it on the road,( I ground a hole in my fairing on roundabouts and dragged my exhaust so much I ground a flat on the can) your all smiles.

• Like 1

Sweet ride old son, but who bolted 2 dustbins on the side instead of exhausts? :biglaugha:

Ha ha they may look like dustbins but they work too well, thinking of replacing them with these, just got to figure out how loud they are.

BLV2230B_zps8tnvwflm.jpg

They'll be really loud. Look like straight-thrus to me. MidnightPhil had some on his 1300 and they drowned everything out at Squires...

If you're buying exhausts check out sscustomcycles in the US - great selection and good service 

Ha ha they may look like dustbins but they work too well, thinking of replacing them with these, just got to figure out how loud they are.

BLV2230B_zps8tnvwflm.jpg

OOOOOOh yes, they look better. They'll wake em up at the afternoon tea dance. Not much of a rear seat though

They'll be really loud. Look like straight-thrus to me. MidnightPhil had some on his 1300 and they drowned everything out at Squires...

Being doing some research online, sound pretty good, very simular to the cobbra slip on's I had on my midnight star, although its a piece of piss to remove the baffles and I guess thats what midnightphil did because then they are really loud

OOOOOOh yes, they look better. They'll wake em up at the afternoon tea dance. Not much of a rear seat though

Yes the stock ones are fugly. I think I woke em up at the local tea dance with my previous bike, to be honest I'm not too worried about some of the old farts round here, I just don 't want it as loud as my youngest, when he visits I know he's coming 5 minutes before he arrives. Not worried about the rear seat as I don't have pillions these days and I'm swapping that for a solo seat.

nice !!! :) how fast did it go.

Not as fast as I wanted to go, figured I should run it in properly as I'm gonna keep this one, was a fun ride though.

Suuhweeeet!  Nice one meatloaf! IF you're looking for aftermarket pipes (of course you are!) have a looksy here:

http://www.westendmotorsports.com/stryker-exhaust-c-303_3574_3580.html

Bear in mind some of these will be really fuckin' loud, so you might want to try the "quiet" baffle options (i.e. slightly less really fucking loud).

• Like 1

I like this one Meat Cobra<br>Tri Pro Boulevard 2-Into-1 Exhaust<br>for Stryker '11-up <br>-ChromeTho having a trombone on the side of your bike could be a problem :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

New pipes arrived yesterday just as I was going to go food shopping, now did I go food shopping or fit the new pipes, fuck it I thought bound to be something in the freezer. fitting was straight forward and was soon on a test ride, 1000% better than the stock pipes, decided to leave the baffles in as I don't mind waking em up at the afternoon tea dance but don't want to wake the dead.

Had the 600 mile service today and had solo seat and rack fitted but no chance to really try out the seat as weather is crap at the moment but felt good on the short ride home.20150729_110958_zps42inrcex.jpg

• Like 2

its looking great :D about the food, if you let me chose to eat grass but fit the new things or buy some decent food and let the work on the bike for another time, I will spread some pepper and salt on the grass.

• Like 1

Looking good :thumb:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online