MOT time for the FJ tomoro

DutchFJ1200
This post is 3458 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Never hurts to give it a generous treatment with Muckoff and a soapy wash so she's looking the dogs dangelies.

Should be all good .... famous last words. :eusa_whistle:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yeh dutch,,, make shure the obvious is all working, and tyres, I"v been picked up for split pins before :eusa_doh:

Yeh dutch,,, make shure the obvious is all working, and tyres, I"v been picked up for split pins before :eusa_doh:

The mot/bike shop put a new set on 2 months ago so all good + all split pins accounted for.

The only unknown is the condition of rear swing arm bushings.

Rear swing arm bushes are a right bastard to do, getting the swing arm out is easy it's getting the bloody bearings out that are the problem, heat is the way to go and I made up a puller with a thread and 2 bolts + a couple of washers to get the roller bearings out still took 2 days and lot's of swearing but it can be done, figure they need doing every 2 year or so as they are right out there in the weather a horrible design really, should be covered in some way to keep the crud out.

Rear swing arm bushes are a right bastard to do, getting the swing arm out is easy it's getting the bloody bearings out that are the problem, heat is the way to go and I made up a puller with a thread and 2 bolts + a couple of washers to get the roller bearings out still took 2 days and lot's of swearing but it can be done, figure they need doing every 2 year or so as they are right out there in the weather a horrible design really, should be covered in some way to keep the crud out.

Standing by for the dreaded phone call then :-)

Happy days albeit by a ladygarden whisker.

The gent was of the the opinion that the lead of my heated grip on the throttle was interfering on full right lock and hence

could not issue the ticket because that was dangerous. After explaining that there is enough length on that lead under the tank

or short of that taking the tank off and unplugging the damn thing and lead it somewhere else, looking at the clock at 16:55 that was

not an option.

Ticket isssued :hyper:

Driving home in the dark + driving rain and wind, not seeing a thing thru my screen was far from enjoyable.

Good news Dutch, glad you got it sorted. :hyper:

Nice! Congratulations! :yeah:

Good stuff.

Usually they fret over the swingarm bearings, because there's always a touch of play in 'em.

MOT's are funny. Bought my DR650 last January, it having been MOT'D a few months previous. Advisories for some bearings etc which were replaced. And also a worn rear disc which wasn't.

Took it for a new MOT last month, having done a service on it. It got 4 advisories, however no mention of the worn brake disc.

3 advisories for short clutch and brake levers, and rust on the frame. None of these were mentioned in the previous MOT. Weird!

Weird! Obviously I know there'll be variation between testers but it just makes me laugh!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online