Too Hot For Comfort

iandouglas
This post is 3943 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Can you believe it? After months of cold/wet weather - now it is just too close to be enjoyable riding.

over the last couple of days the roads have been busy and one just gets too warm even with minimal gear

as ever, the usual sitings of riders in t shirts, shorts and trainers -

yes more comfy until somebody pulls out and they get dumped on the road

despite being hot everything went well except for two pot holes, in the most unlikely places

one on a motorway and the other on a dual carriageway, both quite bad, a nasty jarring bang.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I know what your saying mate, last night was fair too hot! wish i could say so about riding my bike but at the moment im talkking about trying to get to sleep ha ha.

even tho i had all the windows open no covers on and i was spread out on the bed butt naked i could not cool down and nod off.

slightly feel sorry for the power rangers having to don the onezee leathers for a five second ride round the block to show off their shiney bike.

even tho i had all the windows open no covers on and i was spread out on the bed butt naked i could not cool down and nod off........

Too much information.

Lots of non nodding summer day riders out yesterday and today. I could almost smell the polish and leather cleanser in the air.

Too much information.

Guess you don't want to know about the swet dripping down my.....................................................................

was loverly last night imho, managed to dust the blade off and take it for a blast into birmingham and back to pick up a steering lock :)

Only nice after the sun goes down.

M25 and M4 today. Filtering was nasty, but even at (ahem) miles an hour, the air viscosity was generating enough friction to further heat me up.

I hate it when it's like this!

same ol same ol. To hot too cold. Remember these words when the fog is freezing on your visor ff sake.

I will take hot all day long.

"I declare it a rule

That a man is a fool,

To want cool when it's hot,

To want hot when it's cool"

When it's cold I can put on extra clothes, anti-fog my visor, ride slower, stop for tea, or even cajole the wife into taking me in the car.

When it's hot, my brain melts and I lose concentration much easier, everything stays hot no matter what, everything gets sticky and sweaty, I have to put away all my cool-looking clothes... and every fucking retard out there starts driving like they're the only vehicle on the road.

I suppose slightly overcast is best for bikes or at least not strong sunlight - what with the clobber we wear

Must admit that on Sunday the queues behind yet another caravan induced slowing which induced boiling

that in turn means you are temprted to try overtaking when perhaps staying in line is the safer option...

Hot is nothing more than inconvenient.

All my gear is all season. At the moment its liner is minimal. Enought to keep the armour from rubbing. The vents are open. Granted. I will let the trousers stay on the rack for work sometimes.

In the hot. Just after dawn the motorcycling is superb. The roads are still warm. The air is crisp and the roads are clear.

Waiting till midday is just daft. Even so. No ice. Or more so no black ice. No numb hands etc is fine by me.

Ah, see I'm at the mercy of emergency call-outs now, so I go out whatever time it happens.

Starting to wonder if I need a textile outfit, now... or at least get teh vented summer jacket fixed, heh heh!

oooooooohhh

winter jacket in this......f me!

I use the sauna at the gym to sweat like that....

its not so much the heat for me as long as I'm moving its fine, its the hayfever i'm having problems with, tried every remedy on the shelf and nothing seems to work

Aw, cmon guys, it is about time we had some decent weather after all the polar weather we had last year and so far this year. I love the hot weather and yes it is hot on the bike but you can always carry a bottle of water to cool you down.

With the good weather....................and it seems to be a little cooler now,

I'm thinking of doing a kind of 24 hr ride down to Cornwall on Wednesday

at work tomorrow (Tues) and then again Thurs so it gives me a complete day

Maybe set of 3.00 am, don't know, Wed morning and come back, 10 -11 pm

I'm the Aylesbury side of Oxford, Oxford being 15 miles or so to the south west

I'd aim for St.Ives /Penzance, about 300 miles there, maybe too ambitious?

Polperro might be a better target at 250 miles there, 500 in a day should be OK

The only thing that makes me hesitate is my poor bum, all my life I've worked in offices

I think it has effected the blood supply there as I tend to end up with 'numb bum'

just a case of taking breaks really.

Give me this weather over the cold wet shite any day of the week

Yeh its great, :jossun: . must admit tho, on Sat, we stopped at fuel station before last leg to Squires, 27.5 degree, fk me. i"v never felt that kinda heat before, :eusa_doh: us northrn monkeys get 18"s if were lucky, i was parched by time we made base, face burnt with visor up.

mouth dry with 2 stroke fumes of the 50 bikes in front,,, Lager -------- :buzz:

Good news is " its here for a week yet... :hyper: