everyone's nationality

bevo1981
This post is 3960 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

am i the only American on this site? i've noticed that nearly everyone on here is from Europe and haven't seen any other American post yet. how is that? i see nothing on the site that makes it look geared towards one country or continent over another, and the site is simply for yamaha owners. i feel like an outsider.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I think it's because this forum originated from the UK. The founder, alexasigno, was from Brighton (UK) when the forum first started back in October 2003. So it's not really a surprise that most of the members here are from Europe, specifically United Kingdom.

we do have a few regulars from the states sacha, dt502001, the're are more but can't think of names off top of my head

i regularly see new member from the states in new member area but i guess they don't stick around long enough to meet each other

probably get board listening to all us brits moaning about the weather. :jossun:

YO Tommy ...ehhhemm I'm from CANADA and YES it's 2 different country's no big deal though.

Hang tight BEVO there are a few Americans on this site Collarodaosand's hasn't been around in a while,hes from SL,UT and other's who post now and then . Dig throug some of the old post and you will see there are a few more from the USA.

Send some emails to any other Yammie friends you have to join up. The site is growing fast globaly.

Any way missed your hello so Hi and welcome but Tommy is right you will hear alot of belly aking about weather,speaking of how dam hot is it in TEXAS?

• Like 2

Ya, where is Dave (CorradosandYahas), eh? Thought Flyday was in the states too. No? :)

"i feel like an outsider"

Fuck me, mate. You only joined the forum yesterday...Give us a chance to welcome you in. :icon_wink::icon_wink:

I thought Texas was the lone star state anyway! We get some good guys from the states. Little Dave is/was another but I haven't seen him around for a while. Nothing wrong with us Europeans. We don't smell or anything (well most of us don't) and you don't need a passport or anything.

Unbelievably for some, there is a world outside of the USA.

Hi Bevo, all sorts welcome here, not just moaning Brits. Loads of peeps from your little country and even some from the EU, that's not really a country but their all poor cos of the Euro so be nice to them!! Welcome to the YOC by the way, we are here if all else fails you can talk to us. :jossun:

doesn't the uk fit into texas two and a half times - must be nice with less congested roads

i tried to trace my family back once, there was a branch from the states a few generations back, chicago i think, the other side was from rural suffolk, my mrs's family seem to hale from a mix of lreland and wales so i guess we're aliens here in oxfordshire :spin2:

If you think your an outsider you should think of poor old "Upyours" (Kev) who's from Twatsvill

And Grouch thats from Break-it-vill

I don't give a shit where you're from - If you ride a Yamaha and are a chatty fella, you're good with me!!

YO Tommy ...ehhhemm I'm from CANADA and YES it's 2 different country's no big deal though.

Hang tight BEVO there are a few Americans on this site Collarodaosand's hasn't been around in a while,hes from SL,UT and other's who post now and then . Dig throug some of the old post and you will see there are a few more from the USA.

Send some emails to any other Yammie friends you have to join up. The site is growing fast globaly.

Any way missed your hello so Hi and welcome but Tommy is right you will hear alot of belly aking about weather,speaking of how dam hot is it in TEXAS?

sorry DT50 I was just going from memory an it obviously ain't that good, got the name right though! its the hat that threw me haha!!

we're going to hit 100 degrees today for the first time this season

I guess that's 100'F?

here in Portugal it hits 48C on my farm in the shade in august lol (im English by the by)

As I said tommy no biggie.

A 100 f u c k me no thanks thats just to dam hot :shakeno: we been around 80f just fine by me, still comfortable in full gear when moving.

But as they say everything is big in TEXAS even the heat :crylaugh: I guess your used to it

We've got 91F ATM and the damn AC isn't working in the office. Forecasting 100s here this weekend too. :shakeno: