Cheeky ba5t4rd.....

Cynic
This post is 4579 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Filled the DT up today and went to que up.

While in the que the coloured gentleman in front pipes up with his pump number, 11. Couple of seconds later the penny drops as the clerk repeats £7.48. Yes the man says.

"OI" sayes i " Thats my fucking pump".

All of a sudden the mans english becomes barely comprehensable with a lot of "so sorry my bad english"; bollocks he was trying to dodge the 80 odd quid he's put in his Q7.

Cheeky f#ker

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ha ha, please tell me it was in Derby, I do miss the old place.

Tut tut ....... our friend wiz the bad speeky ingleesh just wanted to pay for your fuel a well as his own - as a thank you for supporting the aforementioned benefits he scrounges on!!

Not to make me feel old but I remember my college days and my first DT and just over two quid would fill that! £7.48!! Back in 91 I'd have had to work an entire night washing up just to fill me bike!!!!

Not to make me feel old but I remember my college days and my first DT and just over two quid would fill that! £7.48!! Back in 91 I'd have had to work an entire night washing up just to fill me bike!!!!

Old? You don't know you're born, young man! I worked my way through the latter years of school by pumping petrol (not sitting in some cosy kiosk pressing buttons, actually getting out there in all weathers) - one regular of mine had a Jag with twin tanks - it took nearly £25 to fill that up ............ with 5 star!

No, not 5 Star the group:

but the real man's fuel!

Old? You don't know you're born, young man! I worked my way through the latter years of school by pumping petrol (not sitting in some cosy kiosk pressing buttons, actually getting out there in all weathers) - one regular of mine had a Jag with twin tanks - it took nearly £25 to fill that up ............ with 5 star!

No, not 5 Star the group:

but the real man's fuel!

Yep i know, i know. The first time i ever filled that DT of mine up was in 1987, from totally and utterly bone dry to brimmed cost £1.80.

Tut tut ....... our friend wiz the bad speeky ingleesh just wanted to pay for your fuel a well as his own - as a thank you for supporting the aforementioned benefits he scrounges on!!

:biglaugha: - :biglaugha: - :biglaugha: :biglaugha: - :biglaugha: - :biglaugha: = :chair:

at the end of the day , your petrol has been paid for, you can leave with your fuel,

it should then be up to him to persue you for the return of his money,

if he can be arsed to run it through the justice system..

I had a similar thing happen to me with a BMW driver, petrol station was full and he was behind me waiting, i nip in to pay for my fuel (only 2nd in the que) looks out to double check my pump number and lo and behold Mr BMW driver is out and moving my bike! but i always put my steering lock on (just in case wank knob turns up to take my bike) and as Mr BMW driver picks up my bike gose to turn the bars and near on drops my bike!

Lets just say he didn't get his petrol from that station. Un fortunatly i didn't get to "correct him" in his "fo par" moment as there was too much of a crowd and you know who would be buggered by PC plod

In the seventies when I worked on the pumps, it wasn't self service. I went out to the pump, activated the pump handle, put the nozzle in his tank hole and filled him up, went back into the booth and took his money. If anybody else came in they waited till I finished with him.

Can anybody remember the two gallon rationing?

What a nightmare for me, I had them queing twenty cars back up the road at about eight o'clock at night when the rest of the staff had buggered of home for the night. (normally it was alright pre rationaling)

We had four pumps which meant eight spaces.

Pandemonium! They started filling their own cars up, BUT, over half way through they re-tripped the pump handle so only had to pay for a 1/4 of their fuel.

And the price of four star was £0.75p per gallon

Bastards!!!

Hmmmmmmmmm about 1974 mike ? :eusa_whistle:

Spot on Blackhat. Although petrol did stay at that price for a couple of years.

I remember that the Government tried to put petrol up to £1.00 per gallon to include road tax so the more you travelled the more you paid, but the public (company reps?) objected so much that it was abolished.

I remeber my dad filling up the mini traveller, and going ape that it cost £5 for a full tank. £5 was all he'd say muttering as he drove off and us kids nose to the glass trying to ignore him, bless!

after waiting fifteen minutes for someone to move their car at the TESCO station on bury road bolton , (hope this doesn't look like im singling anyone out ) so that i could splash twenty quid in the yam, i went to pay for said fuel ,

as i stood in the door way, i picked up a bolton news .

thumbing through the headlines a burgalry cought my eye , and the lad involved was someone i new, not a mate ,

anyway i read through the free ads then put the paper down in the freezer cos i had to pay for my fuel,

their was still six people stood behind me in the que ,

five tills available, and one person serving, and they call this tesco express, taking the fuckin piss is what i call it.

Can still remember the proud day my dad entrusted me with the exciting mission of heading to the local petrol station to fill his petrol can with some 4 star.

Could I manage this ultra high tech machinery all by myself?????

Of course I could ......

but suddenly noticed a rather pretty young blonde laughing uncontrollably in the passenger seat of her boyfriend's car who shouted over "I think your done now mate."

I looked down and realised that I had not only filled the petrol can but also covered the half the bloody forecourt because I was so busy checking out everything but the petrol pump.

To this day I'm terrified of petrol cans ...... true story (ish)

i don't know how far back your going with that one ,

but i do remember being told at the tills that i shouldn't realy be smoking when im filling up with fuel.

health and safety then. ha their wasn't any....

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online