and another newbie threat

Latelifecrisis
This post is 4861 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

having read what some want in a newbie threat I will do my best to post that in here.

inches = don't have any

location = atm mostly in the garage or the bike wreckers searching for bits and pieces

rides = yep have a few of them only 2 run atm the rest are either on the way out the door (the smallest scooter I own Eaglewing 150 trying to find a new home for it) or waiting to be worked on. I just bought a xj 750 that needs a tiny bit of work and as a bonus it came with a second 750 ( this turned out to be a 900 ) for spare parts. Both of those have matching numbers and I will eventually put the 900 on the road too.

And somewhere in this whole mess I have a FJ 1100 that is getting a complete resto and I am just waiting on parts to arrive from the UK.

The biggest challenge is that blokes do not understand female part descriptions, but I am determined to overcome this hurdle.

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome Latelifecrisis

ok give us a try, give us some female part descriptions then :lol:

imagine the look you get when you say " babe can you get me a nutcrusher?" and do you know what that is?

what do you think I mean at the bike wreckers and ask for bumperbars?

Oh you mean those descriptions :rolleyes:

Yeah nut splitter would be a better term...and crashbars . Am I close?

You only rolled your eyes? wow you are used to this, I am used to gettting a " you are a total moron " look

I know it's not a nutsplitter, no idea what you really call it it's just one of those plier things the kind you can really clamp down hard and it stays in place. ( not his favourite tool to bring me ...lol )

and yes you do have the crashbars right I wanted to make mine look nice and shiny again, but can't find them so I guess have to have new ones made.

Welcome Latelifecrysiss" Another lady biker, thers a few on here, fine weather for restorations eh ,:rolleyes: nowt else outdoors any way,

I know it's not a nutsplitter, no idea what you really call it it's just one of those plier things the kind you can really clamp down hard and it stays in place. ( not his favourite tool to bring me ...lol )

Ya mean,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"Vice grips,,,,,,,,,,or,,,,,,,,,,"munkey wrench"

And are ya telling me,,,,,,,,,your fella hands ya the tools and you do all the work on the bike ??

Failte to the YOC (nut house) B)

Ya mean,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"Vice grips,,,,,,,,,,or,,,,,,,,,,"munkey wrench"

And are ya telling me,,,,,,,,,your fella hands ya the tools and you do all the work on the bike ??

Failte to the YOC (nut house) B)

yep he does hand me tools when I am working on the bike and he is iddle since he is waiting for his parts to arrive or me to clear out of his painting corner. ( no I do not paint,just took over the corner). I have bought him enough hobbies to keep hi busy for the next 25 years, which keeps him nicely out of my hair and I am able to muck around and swear in peace.

inches = don't have any

location = atm mostly in the garage

Thats a good one :thumb:

Go wan will ya,,,,,tels us where ya from :lipseal:

Wow, warm sunshine. Yes please.

Welcome to the Forum

I think wow warm rain would be a much better description. We are drowning and more rain is on it's way. If this were snow we would beat them poms by at least 50 cm.

Ok I am off to the wreckers once again, lets see if I can get a better result today since I am bringing " samples"...lol

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally managed to tear up one of his tools, but that is what you get when you buy the tiny things. Now I can play with the new shiny thing, its the tools you clean the crud out of the cylinder. All 4 are now nice and shiny once again.

Gaskets have been ordered from the US that should only take 3 weeks or so to get here. I just bought a set of fairings and a new set of gauges ( speedo, tach) they should get here next week.

Slowly but surely it's comming along, just need to find a few more minor bits and I am all set as far as I can tell.

Well I finally managed to tear up one of his tools, but that is what you get when you buy the tiny things. Now I can play with the new shiny thing, its the tools you clean the crud out of the cylinder. All 4 are now nice and shiny once again.

Gaskets have been ordered from the US that should only take 3 weeks or so to get here. I just bought a set of fairings and a new set of gauges ( speedo, tach) they should get here next week.

Slowly but surely it's comming along, just need to find a few more minor bits and I am all set as far as I can tell.

Got any pics ?, sounds like an interesting build.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online