Which 600 do you prefer?

ChristianSRA
This post is 5006 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Yet another pointless post from me :)

In my mind I can see a top 4 sportsbike 600cc which are:

Yamaha R6

Suzuki GSX600R

Honda CBR 600 RR

Kawasaki ninja ZX6R

Now being your average overly high on hormones teenager these are four very predictable popular bikes for me to say " I like them because there fast" yet this is not the real reason I say these four bikes for one reason. My uncle has had one of each and I more often than not will swear by what he says due to him being an ex racer and being a teenager will believe anything.

Now my question to the forum is which of this would you pick? And it's not over yet give a rating on these points:

(out of 5)

Speed:

Handling:

Looks:

Price effectiveness:

How rare is it to find a well kept example?

Cheers guys from Christian

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yamaha R6

Suzuki GSX600R

Honda CBR 600 RR

Kawasaki ninja ZX6R

Now being your average overly high on hormones teenager these are four very predictable popular bikes for me to say " I like them because there fast" yet this is not the real reason I say these four bikes for one reason. My uncle has had one of each and I more often than not will swear by what he says due to him being an ex racer and being a teenager will believe anything.

Now my question to the forum is which of this would you pick? And it's not over yet give a rating on these points:

(out of 5)

Speed: All to bloody fast for the road

Handling:Well enough that only racers will care

Looks:That is fashion and as a 40 year young lorry driver i don't count :D

Price effectiveness:Ha Ha Ha Ha, they are sports 600's stop, it hurts Ha Ha Ha

How rare is it to find a well kept example?They are owned by nutters what do you think?

As a fan of 80's 2strokes i dont count really i suppose. But you got my 2peneth, my back won't allow me to ride any of em more than 20 mile but if i had to pick it would be the Suzuki

I've had a go on all bar the Kwacker - Wouldn't give any of them garage room, sorry.

Now, opening the question, which 600 would I have.....

As a new rider, with no experience (50-125 on L-Plates doesn't count, when you move to the 600's) and very limited ability, I would go straight for the new XJ6 Diversion. It's never going to win a lap of Silverstone, but it's one of the best entry level bikes out there that I've ridden.

Of course, once you get better, you'll want to move onto the big singles...... second only to the old strokers in my opinion.

Just one little piece of info: I had a brand new ZX6R 18 months ago, a superbly engineered machine dripping with technology, awesome handling, awesome braking,,,but,,, Rubbish below 9500rpm, couldn't pull the skin of a rice pudding and paradoxically tall but cramped. I now have an XJ6 which is an all together simpler 600cc machine and it will do most things that i want better, and is far less likely to be nicked.

Don't believe all the hype (by the way i also have an FZR1000 which i've had for ten years, and no 600cc will ever match a litre bike for torque and driveability).

In real terms the CBR600, ZX6R, R6 and GSXR600 are all made to the same specifications. There is little to choose, maybe your uncle as a racer can find the differences, and most people buy either because they favour a certain brand or because the deal was right. ;)

Of course, once you get better, you'll want to move onto the big singles...... second only to the old strokers in my opinion.

Although a very close second :thumb:

Yamaha R6

Suzuki GSX600R

Honda CBR 600 RR

Kawasaki ninja ZX6R

(out of 5)

Speed:

Handling:

Looks:

Price effectiveness:

How rare is it to find a well kept example?

the r6 for me but then I do seem to have a thing about Yams, I sold my zx6r for the r6 when they first came out and kept it for 4 1/2 years wish I still had it, not keen on the latest models though far too sport orientated for me,

Thanks guys I have looked at the XJ6 and it's not to bad a looking bike. As for the reply to the fact of the advice from my uncle I have asked him as he now rides a Kawasaki ZZR 1400 and after being pillion on it I was amazed how he can manoeuvre that huge tank of a bike and that is when I realised only experience can allow you to drive those bikes so maybe a XJ6 for me :)

my mate bought the xj6 coz ha had a 0' finance deal. cracking bike and a looker (has no fairing)

• 3 weeks later...

Not into sports bikes myself but a friend has a triumph tt600 which I like looks-wise far more than the angular digital watch-looking things that seem to be made these days. No idea what its like to ride though.

im also grew up in the age of early 80's 2 strokes so my old 350ypvs and 500ypvs are still my fav bikes but time moves on i soppose and its the 600 era now, the bike you didnt mention is the Triumph Daytona 675 ! now in my mind this just blows all the jap stuff away into the weeds, im not talking performance and out n out speed as that makes no difference to the vast percentage of folks who buy/ride bikes these days as proberly 99% of folk carnt out ride these bikes anyway, the Triumph is up there performance wise with all the jap 600's anyways tho, but it just looks the buisiness and sounds WICKED go to car parks where all the bikers hang out and what bike gets the crowds ! it aint no jap 600 thats for sure, the Triumph pulls better than Brad Pitt on a bad day :rolleyes: fav bike of all time is a close run thing between the rd500 and the duke 916 but this triumph is just something else. atm i run a xj600 old 1990 1, i still love 80's bikes and my wrists and knees carnt take the beating the current 600 race reps give me at 52, fj1200 coming to replace the xj again kinda to my achey joints, but also had a few xj900s pre divvy very good bike too....

The scott flying squirrel" 600cc liquide cooled two-stroke, B) 1940s, well ahead of the LC yams, Where did the britts go wrong :unsure:Scott%20TT_jpg.jpg

The scott flying squirrel" 600cc liquide cooled two-stroke, B) 1940s, well ahead of the LC yams, Where did the britts go wrong :unsure:Scott%20TT_jpg.jpg

shut up blackhat , lc's rule. and its the gsxr for me even though i think it looks shit,they go like stink.

my mates just totalled one ,in a bridge, funny as fook,he didn't hurt himself.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online