module 2

friedegg
This post is 5073 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all i failed my test today so feel a bit down.(boohoo)got a few marks against me as my nerves got to me so will have to try and keep calm next time. any tips for remembering to turn of your indicaters.(yess i left them on TWICE) cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi all i failed my test today so feel a bit down.(boohoo)got a few marks against me as my nerves got to me so will have to try and keep calm next time. any tips for remembering to turn of your indicaters.(yess i left them on TWICE) cheers

Sorry to hear you failed. Just learn from it and get it booked again.

I know 2 people who still leaves their indicators on and one of them has been riding quite a while ( i wont name them,but they know who they are :P ) so don't feel bad about it.  

Can't think of any tips to stop apart from practice practice practice, but you should be careful not to focus on it too much as there is far more dangerous things to worry about.

Vez.

I know 2 people who still leaves their indicators on and one of them has been riding quite a while ( i wont name them,but they know who they are :P ) so don't feel bad about it.  

Vez.

Cmon Vez name an shame em :lol:

I only ever left mine on once and that was because a satnav was hiding the idiot light, ...**idiot light**wonder why they called em that :huh:

Never mind fried egg I once went to the wrong test centre for my test,waited hours before anyone asked me why I was there...I was camping in wales at the time so rode all the way back home to the local centre and the ironic thing is I passed the centre I was booked into near to where I was camping :blink:

Bad luck Friedegg, you'll do it next time I'm sure, I have developed a strategy for indicator forgetfulness, its called 'good move-bad move', while I'm bimbling around I have become an X-factor contestant and imagine that Cheryl Tweedy is my examiner, so every maneouver I do I imagine she is making a comment on it-some good and some bad-, I pretend to have a buzzer attached to her silken thong, so every maneouvre I get her opinion by pressing 'the buzzer'

it works for me :)

my bike switches them off automatically (and its 32 years old)

why not put in line a buzzer, won't forget then!!

don't get too down, go for it again!!

Cmon Vez name an shame em  :lol:

I only ever left mine on once and that was because a satnav was hiding the idiot light, ...**idiot light**wonder why they called em that  :huh:

Never mind fried egg I once went to the wrong test centre for my test,waited hours before anyone asked me why I was there...I was camping in wales at the time so rode all the way back home to the local centre and the ironic thing is I passed the centre I was booked into near to where I was camping  :blink:

I will give the forum a clue, one of them isn't OG  :whistle:

Once  :rofl:

One easy way - get into the habbit of pressing the button twice after you turn... practice this and you'll not forget!

My mate has his on Thursday - he's worried that when we're doing 30mph (on my Fazer) his Honda CG 125 says he's doing 39mph... when he was doing 60mph my speedo said 40mph...!!! He took 5 attempts before he passed mod 1 :blink:

Am sure you'll do better next time :)

Bad luck Friedegg, Dont worry too much about it, youll get it next time and now at least you know whats ahead of ya.

any tips for remembering to turn of your indicaters.(yess i left them on TWICE) cheers

Talk to yourself.

Seriously, talk to yourself for the whole test, just a commentary of what you are doing. Split each little part into a small story, a bit like this:

<examiner has just said take the next left>

"Turn Left ahead, check distance, identify turn, check for hazards, check mirror, indicator on, livesaver, change possition, adjust speedspeed, select right gear, check left, check right, it's OK to go, livesaver, Gas up, and go, check mirrors, cancel indicator, relax"

keep repeating the whole thing through any manouvre, you'll be so busy doing this and ridien the bike you'll have no time for any nerves.

When I sat my test, I had a problem with emergency braking, my instructor told me a little rhyme;

"Front brake, back brake, clutch, don't panic"

I remember it to this day, and I still talk to myself too! mostty it's when I'm faced with a tough off orad section, I have to remind myself to relax, and power through it!

Bad luck freidegg,

but dont worry about about canceling your indicators next time,you will be checking them after every move on your next test , it will be impregnated in your brain

try to relax, (easier said then done) some very good points from gas up, just get back in for it as soon as poss and enjoy it

but try and anticipate what direction the examiner will take you, so you can think ahead before he tells you

write down all the things you need to do to make a left turn ,right turn, roundabout and exit, basicially all the things on the test ,

then when the examiner says make a right turn mentally go through your check list.

tell yourself you will pass the test and you will

good luck

Al

Whenever you straighten yourself upright, be it after a bend or a proper turn, as you do so press the button to cancel. Press it 2 or 3 times.

It will become habit.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online