Nasty moment.......

Cynic
This post is 5492 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ahem minor confession for the benefit of others.

Took the long way home today. As i finish at 1, sun's out so go find some warm tarmac, well suffice to say i was enjoying myself.

I was going fast enough to make the race can seem quiet :rolleyes:

Went tonking round a loverly 3 figure bend then when the bypass runs out its back to bumpy country stuff but y'know the bloods up.

Flick left, then right bike kicking over the bumps. Heading for the roundabout i learn't to knee down on so a personal favorite, grabbed a handfull....... of fcuk all. Pumped em up with a squeeze and got through a bloody site faster than i planned to. Thankfully the roundabout is biiiig and reasonably clear of traffic so i just went straight on.

Its got me in the past, cos my GSX is old skool with 1980's tech the forks are a bit limp :blink: , but i've got 4pots from a GSXR clamping the disc's on adapters so when you ride it like your not supposed to (big hint) the flex on the wheel pushes the pads back and the first time you squeeze the lever, nothing or at least not what your expecting.

It doesent affect modern bikes cos their front ends are a lot stiffer than old clunkers like mine but if you lob big brakes on old forks bare it in mind, like i will............ <_<

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

and as i like to say ride it like ya nicked it :P

tried that and it ceised up... :(

ride safe out there, its all too easy to get carried away... in unfortunate circumstances sometimes in an ambulance

on a lighter note, i have also been enjoying the sun by cruising through the local green lanes, getting used to being hit in the face by flies now

tried that and it ceised up... :(

ride safe out there, its all too easy to get carried away... in unfortunate circumstances sometimes in an ambulance

on a lighter note, i have also been enjoying the sun by cruising through the local green lanes, getting used to being hit in the face by flies now

haha ye u dont get hit by flies on a 50cc :P

im just geting used to gears on a bike and not a quad

haha ye u dont get hit by flies on a 50cc :P

i f*cking do!, worst part is yawning and swallowing a bug...

thankfully i had my visor down when i hit the bumblebee... left a big orange smudge though

and as i like to say ride it like ya nicked it :P

Which in real world terms means Safely, Sedately and in a mannaer that will not attract the attention of Plod ;)

....... and at a speed in which you can safely bring the motorcycle to a stop in the distance which you can see to be clear....

Oh christ! I'm in textbook mode again.

I need to have sex, or a damed good ride on the bike - weathers good, and the only other live things in the house are fish or the dogs, so it's the bike then....

thankfully i had my visor down when i hit the bumblebee... left a big orange smudge though

They must be kamikaze bugs. :lol:

I need to have sex, or a damed good ride on the bike - weathers good, and the only other live things in the house are fish or the dogs, so it's the bike then....

Thats the trouble i've spent half the week getting my head round not being either wet or fcold on the way to work, at 2.30 in the morning its generally one or the other.

haha i hardly do ever even doing 55-60 i have been hit by a bee thogh looked funny cuz it got stuck inbetween my eyes on the visor so was sort of anoying

never got one in my mouth thogh lol do you use a open faced helmet ???

nope i use an MX style helmet with a flip-down visor but prefer to ride with the visor open.

thankfully never swallowed a bumblebee... but the midges can still be pretty unpleasent despite their small size

but the midges can still be pretty unpleasent despite their small size

I can imagine, swearing, pulling faces, teasing. Once they realise they can be splated if you get a good run downhill ;) They should back off.

Had a bumblebee land inside my helmet while doing 70mph once :blink: .....the bugger snuck in through the visor just being barely cracked open......buzzing around in my helmet, obviously was Madness....

I was immedietly down through the gearbox & had my Seca parked in NO time! :D .....through the helmet off & surprisingly was NOT stung! :unsure:

Just a bit of luck I reckon. ;)

I did have a bee sting me in the neck once and had to ride home very slow with the sac still hanging out, when I got home I had to pull it out with tweezers so as to not let the poison into my throat. Ever since I always were a "boob tube"

I did have a bee sting me in the neck once and had to ride home very slow with the sac still hanging out, when I got home I had to pull it out with tweezers so as to not let the poison into my throat. Ever since I always were a "boob tube"

shouldnt ride with your sack hangin out. :blush:

Had a bumblebee land inside my helmet while doing 70mph once :blink: .....the bugger snuck in through the visor just being barely cracked open......buzzing around in my helmet, obviously was Madness....

I was immedietly down through the gearbox & had my Seca parked in NO time! :D .....through the helmet off & surprisingly was NOT stung! :unsure:

Just a bit of luck I reckon. ;)

similar thing bee in helmet,me pannicking, then relief when it dropped out , mile down the road bugger got me on upper thigh. kevlar jeans from now on. :tantrum:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online