The Dream Garage

Gas up - Let's Go!
This post is 5602 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

If money was no object, what would be the line up of bikes in your garage?

Here's mine to start you all off;

1987 Honda MTX125 - because we all started somewhere, and you only move forward by remembering where you come from.

1988 Yamaha RD125 ypvs - because my next door neighbourg had one, and I used to have erotic dreams about her, and the bike! These bikes were just the best of the time.

Benelli Tornado - Just because. it's a thing of beauty, and everyone should have something beautifull in thier lives.

Honda Goldwing - Just to have a bike with a reverse gear! no other reason at all

Yamaha XT-Z, with full overland conversion. If money was no object then I'd be spending the rest of my life finding different routes to cross every line of lattitude and longitude

Yamaha WF450F, for thoses days when I the dirt was calling

Honda Varadero, there isn't a more comfy mile eater that can take a full load of kit and a pillion. At some point she'd want to come with me

Harley Softail Custom, The UK just hasn't got the roads for these bikes, nor the weather. So for that one day in the year.

BMUU R1200GS, just to throw stones at - well there's no point in taking it out, if it goes without a problem then it's gonna rot away in a couple of years.....

Oh, and a day bike - that's easy, the Khaki Ten, until the day it lets me down it's place is safe, right under my bum!

So what's in yours?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sport bikes:

Aprila RSV 1000

Yamaha RD500

MV AGUSTA F4 1000

Yamaha r1

Aprila RS250

KTM RC8 990

Road bikes:

Buell XB12S Lightning

Yamaha FZS 1000 FAZER

Honda Hornet 600

BMV F650GS

Offroad

KTM 625 SMC

CCM 404

Ducati Hypermotard 1100 S

Yamaha TTR350

A big list no :rolleyes:

i no someone with one of these oldgitonabike :lol:

This is kinda hard as I'm a very functional person. Aesthetics don't make that much of a difference to me, so long as it does it's job. Having several tools that do the same thing goes against the grain.

These are the ones I know I'd like;

Second Drag 650.

Another Drag 650 for parts.

Honda Deauville 700.

Yamaha FJR1300.

Triked Goldwing.

Custom ratted bike of some sort.

Custom build Trike

Custom build, fully functional Aliens Dropship converted from a Harrier (hey, it's got 3 wheels, so it must be a trike, officer!!).

Plus, if I like them;

1300 Hayabusa

Triumph Rocket III (without the fancy accessories, of course)

In the corner would also be;

Alvis 8/11 Armoured Personnel Carrier (the sort of thing that pisses all over a Humvee).

747 Aircraft Tug remodelled to match the APC in Aliens.

Millenium Falcon (just to upset my mate who loves Star Wars).

The Starship Enterprise, complete with Patrick Stewart and that cute girl (because I could).

Plus whatever else I can come up with when I'm bored!!

You did say money was no object, right? :D

Hmmmmm

Well i guess mine owuld be

My Elvira

Triumph Rocket lll

Harley Nightrod

Aston Martin DBS complete with Daniel Craig a la Bond as standard *sigh*

54305ast_bondlo.jpg

Y'see - im easily pleased :D

Wish i did, would love a go on one.

maybe when your older mate :D

54305ast_bondlo.jpg

Well, obviously a DBS, I'd have thought that would go without saying - just for the sound alone..... Not so sure about Mr Craig though, Cristine Blakely would be more my sort of woman - great legs, fantastic smile, sound personality, sexy a f&c£ accent and if she can put up with that miserable git next to her she'd easily be able to put up with me....

'Nuff Said!...... B)

Rainey_Replica.jpg

& There's just somethin' 'bout a Blown BigBlock Chevy ....... :wub:

Sweet69.jpg

I could hear this Beast from @ least a mile away :huh: ......a True OldSkool Ground-Pounder :thumb:

Yamaha DT400 (i just like DTs', lol)

Honda Blackbird 1100XX - sports-tourer, to go around europe on, lol.

Suzuki GSXR-1300 - SPEEEEEEEED

and a nice big Dragstar for all the chrome and laid-back riding

Easy an RD400DX in yellow and black speedblock with spannies and a full stanstephens tune, top deck ohlins cartridge forks and monoshock conversion with carbon wheels and a deep braced satin black ally swinger. I could go on but MMMMMM i need a moment.

You can keep all that other rubbish.

Easy an RD400DX in yellow and black speedblock with spannies and a full stanstephens tune, top deck ohlins cartridge forks and monoshock conversion with carbon wheels and a deep braced satin black ally swinger. I could go on but MMMMMM i need a moment.

You can keep all that other rubbish.

Red/whites were better !! what was wrong with the stock bike (bar those silly rubbers between the front pipe & silencer !) & then putting a monoshock on why not use the rather firm RD350B shocks (much better than putting a 4L0/4L1 back end in. Ok Carbon wheels to reduce the unsprung weight, but does it need it ? from memory the RD400 you mention yellow/black one was an RD400E and RD400DX was like a marine blue (like green .. the 250 was like royal blue).

I get off the point

Garage YL1 just to hack off bigger bikes

RD200DX Portuguese Orange went well but way a handfull to steer .... who has UUY1R !!!! :lol:

and I guess the old Divi coz at 10 years on it still does what it said on the tin

Regards Jim

Red/whites were better !! what was wrong with the stock bike (bar those silly rubbers between the front pipe & silencer !) & then putting a monoshock on why not use the rather firm RD350B shocks (much better than putting a 4L0/4L1 back end in. Ok Carbon wheels to reduce the unsprung weight, but does it need it ? from memory the RD400 you mention yellow/black one was an RD400E and RD400DX was like a marine blue (like green .. the 250 was like royal blue).

I get off the point

Garage YL1 just to hack off bigger bikes

RD200DX Portuguese Orange went well but way a handfull to steer .... who has UUY1R !!!! :lol:

and I guess the old Divi coz at 10 years on it still does what it said on the tin

Regards Jim

C'mon jim were talking DREAM garage here, yellow and black cos i like it, as i recall the DX had the CDI ig rather than points, wheels for some decent tyres and brakes and the monoshock cos i can. I have worshipped them from afar for years and ONE day i will have one. Nearly bought a few over the years but mostly they are like the last one a while back the 'needs tidying few bits to finish' could have been written by a Sun journalist.

I think the Suzuki may go to make way for one in the future.

I can't believe nobody's though of what I'm about to offer for a dream garage:

Everything I already have PLUS:

-A car lift

-a motorcycle adaptation for the car lift

-and the garage has to be heated (in the winter) and air conditioned (in the summer)

I don't care about having a lot of toys if I'm miserable in the garage because I'm freezing my nads off crouching on the garage floor when I could be working at eye level.

One of Kenny Roberts old 500 2 stroke GP bikes

For a top speed bike, I'd want a '00 ZX12R (unrestricted)

'09 V-max just cause they look so mean

Supercharged or turbo '00-'06 V-max with chain drive conversion for the drag strip.

GSXR750 for the twisties

Supercharged Harley Streetrod for when I go to Sturgis with my HD friend.

M-50LE with a windshield for long cross country trips.

FZR1000 engine in my Fazer just for fun lol.

I already have my dream quad, a '88 Honda 250R, so just need a 330cc powervalve cylinder for it along with some new plastics to clean it up a bit.

Cars would have to be:

'69 Boss 429 Mustang, Ford GT, Shelby 427 Cobra replica, '69 SS-396 Camaro, and a F-650 or F-750 4x4 pu truck (300hp Cat diesel powered) to haul a brand new 37' toy hauler trailer.

Not worried about having lifts in my dream garage, because if I could afford everything in it, I could afford to take it to someone else to do maintenance/modifications on them, while relaxing in my beach house conveniently attached to the garage.lol

I can't believe nobody's though of what I'm about to offer for a dream garage:

I was working on the assumption that the wife will need scope for christmas presents :D

I was working on the assumption that the wife will need scope for christmas presents :D

Specificity works better for me, I don't want to get a pair of long johns underwear instead of a heated garage simply because it was a cheaper alternative! :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online