Boredom sets in!

wild foamy
This post is 2892 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey peeps!.

Not been online much recently, inbetween buying cars in from Japan, rebuilding my boat and galavanting around the world with work it seems that FUCR has been left in the corner of the garage now surrounded by DT125LC bits, f*ck knows where the XJ Turbo has gone and the DT50 hasn't been seen for months.

Currently i'm out in Cyprus, and tbh it gets boring here, you can either become a gym monster or a beer monster, pumping iron isnt my thing and there's only so many times you can wake up in the middle of nowhere naked in a pool of your own bodily fluids before you start to question your direction in life, so whilst most people bring a book/kindle/ipad away with them on det, i grabbed the old pair of mikunis off Project FUCR and forgot i had packed them until recently.

13015129_10153819170433961_4361330471232

13007378_10153819530488961_4703947221249

13007320_10153819530348961_2458236036674

Been stripping them down over about a week or so, left them to soak in a bucket of acetone for a few days, and been tidying them up with an old toothbrush, scotchpads and gun oil 'borrowed' from the armorers (used in conjunction with the scotchpads it's almost as good as autosol, brings them up a nice bright flat shine). Needless to say most of the original fasteners were partially rounded and looking generally tired, luckily during my ventures into the local town i came across a random DIY store, which sold individual fasteners, a whole new set of A2 Stainless fasteners and spring washers for both carbs and bracket cost me less than 2 euros... so about £1.20, most of that was buying a packet of 50 M4 spring washers which they didnt sell individually.

they are still a long way from being finished and there are nooks and crannies which i cant quite get at, but it keeps me humble and satisfies my cravings for something mechanical to occupy my time.(the management have already cautioned me about trying to bring another bike home, afaik TURD is still out in america in a shipping container).

Kinda wish i'd brought the DT125LC carb aswell, that'll likely be the next one to be built up in the same fashion as the DT50 was (weekend in the workshop, door shut music on, block out the world until it's done.)

• Like 3

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Haha I've got a DT in bits you can clean up if you're that bored

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

Got a drain pipe leaking if your interested? :D

Nice find, I hear a lot of countries in southern Europe/Middle east have bike bit's scattered all across for pennies. Having something small to work on like that when your bored is great fun, I tend to do it sitting at my desk whilst watching a film or something. Like carbs, or break calipers, more fun than a lot of people think.

Well im pretty much done fettling them now, just wish i'd brought some more out with me, the fasteners arent OEM but at 2 cents a pop it certainly makes a difference,

Oh and i found a place in the UK that will CNC a new top yoke for Project FUCR to my specifications, costing around £150 which i can live with, so there is progress there slowly ticking away in the background.

7 hours ago, wild foamy said:

Well im pretty much done fettling them now, just wish i'd brought some more out with me, the fasteners arent OEM but at 2 cents a pop it certainly makes a difference,

Oh and i found a place in the UK that will CNC a new top yoke for Project FUCR to my specifications, costing around £150 which i can live with, so there is progress there slowly ticking away in the background.

where did you get the CNC done? come on share....

CLICKY.

sent a few emails to the guy explaining what i want, basically going to send them my old top yoke so they can use it as a pattern, and CNC a new one with bar mounts so i can use my ace bars/clubmans.

Update:

A: Project TURD is no more, asked one of my guys to find out whilst he is out in Cali only to find that some f*cking British Army cockwomble had decided to bin it, would have been nice to atleast ring me? had my phone number written allllll over it...

B: Decided to treat the XZ carbs to a set of gaskets, although this being cyprus they had never hear of an XZ, so i ended up touring around what i can only describe as "the workshop district" of Limassol, getting directions from shop to shop until i found an aladdins cave that is an auto parts store nestled away in a backstreet somewhere, got enough paper to do 8-10 carbs for 2Euros... couldn't say no, also came across a Skyteam cafe racer and a suzuki GS drag bike to name a few, this place is mad!.

C: Mosquitos have teeth and are all belleds, also nearly cracked my skull open when i slipped on a cockroach getting out of the shower this morning... will be nice to be back in blighty but thats still a long way off.

Um, which one was project T.U.R.D again?

The yamaha Chappy monkey bike thing i bought when i was working in 'Murica, dont worry i lose track sometimes aswell.

Just want to get back and get started now, i'll be out here over christmas aswell so genuinely if anyone has a carb they dont mind me playing with that'd be awesome. hoping to have the DT125 up and running before then otherwise i'd bring that one, need to get back on two wheels I haven't been on a bike for 6 months or so it's getting quite depressing :/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online