Jump to content
drewpy

Chief Scouts Commendation

Recommended Posts

I promised to do my duty to god and the queen if I remember right, still waiting for the chance though all these years later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, neversaydie said:

When's Bob A Job Week this year?

Blimey! That brings back memories. cleaning windows, weeding the front garden etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, neversaydie said:

When's Bob A Job Week this year?

went out years ago, now its community action and with moneys raised, Gilwell get a cut.

 

We don't take part in that one, but did "clean for the Queen" last weekend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/03/2016 at 4:43 PM, drewpy said:

which went out of scouting in 1963

Bloody hell drewps now your making me feel old, that was the year that I left Wolf Cubs and became a Boy Scout

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We werna allowed to join the BB"s or scouts, [ being R,C, ]  It was all so wrong back then ,,:mellow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, blackhat250 said:

We werna allowed to join the BB"s or scouts, [ being R,C, ]  It was all so wrong back then ,,:mellow:

our group was an RC scout group set up in the grounds of the church 70 years ago. Left footers only back then.

 

All changed now as the scouts even have multiple promises for each faction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got confirmation;
Tyco BMW British Super bike team invite 3rd/1st Scouts to BSB Oulton Park Cheshire May 1st 2016 , come and meet the riders visit the Pit lane with exclusive access to the Team garage to watch the superbikes being prepared. Then watch the riders as thet zoom around the track, getting ready for the big race, plus visit all the other stalls and activities going on .

get in there :headbang:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Airhead said:

Wow that's great, did you organize that one?

no Mike works for Tyco, so has got the gig

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2016 at 11:02 PM, blackhat250 said:

We werna allowed to join the BB"s or scouts, [ being R,C, ]  It was all so wrong back then ,,:mellow:

Over here on the bigoted West Coast it was ok to join the Scouts no matter what religion but the BB was for non RCs.....As you say Bud, it's all so wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done Drewpy. :-)

I've been trying to find my scout shirt with my Queens Scout badge on it.  Must have gone awol in one of the house moves along the way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On March 18, 2016 at 9:04 AM, drewpy said:

Just got confirmation;
Tyco BMW British Super bike team invite 3rd/1st Scouts to BSB Oulton Park Cheshire May 1st 2016 , come and meet the riders visit the Pit lane with exclusive access to the Team garage to watch the superbikes being prepared. Then watch the riders as thet zoom around the track, getting ready for the big race, plus visit all the other stalls and activities going on .

get in there :headbang:

That is super cool! :yeah: Take loads of pics so I can live vicariously through you... please! :kissflowers:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sacha said:

That is super cool! :yeah: Take loads of pics so I can live vicariously through you... please! :kissflowers:

will do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...