May need help

jimmy
This post is 3074 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I don't need that drewps. When I'm bidding on summit I ask myself what I'm willing to pay. From that figure I deduct the p&p and that is my top bid.....If I win I'm happy, if I don't, at least I never got caught in a bidding frenzy.....Oh and I steer clear when I'm on the booze

the problem with that is if you put your max bid in and someone wants it. they'll bid till your outbid.

just put your max in topsnipe, it bids that figure till 10 secs to go, if it goes over it costs you nowtas you lost it. It will also advise if the bidding goes over during the auction time.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Totally understand bud and can see it's advantages. My philosophy is bid and forget. I will bid as soon as I decide it's what I'm looking for, then just keep away until after the auction ends...works for me, but agree it's not a perfect policy

On the BOOZE Jimmy, you had best talk to Foamy about that, he's and expert on bidding while shitfaced!! :lol:

I've moved on from eBay now, my latest venture is buying cars from Japan... problem is the Japanese business hours are right around pub closing time... :drunk:

• Like 1

The cars you showed me were really smart Foamy, have you got any more yet?

Currently have 4 on the way!.

Black Skyline R34 - arriving 29th Dec

Nissan Skyline R33 - arriving 19th Jan

Nissan Stagea Day-z edition - arriving 28th Jan

Nissan Stagea non-turbo - arriving 28th Jan 9 (might actually be my new daily drive...)

Im going to wait and see how hard it is to move these on when they get here, I dont plan to buy any more until these are all sold but there's a nice little 180SX over in Hokaido which is looking for a new home...

My provisional out date from the RAF is 23rd June 2017 so i've got until then to scrape together as much cash as i can... hence the eBay purge on selling all my outboards, project bikes, spare parts e.t.c

Well if nothing else you have your Christmas presents sorted out mate! Should sell easy Foams nice looking cars.

Are the Japanese imports still restricted?

I had a Subaru Legacy Estate Twin Turbo which had to put in some electrickery thingy to change the speedo so that the kph were actually mph.

It costs around £800-£1200 for shipping, i buy them all over the internet its sort of like autotrader, they display a price for the car (refered to as FOB price), and a price for the car and shipping combined (the C&F price) and an option for the car shipping and marine insurance (CIF price), you basically find a car you like, message the seller much like you would do on eBay, negotiate the price and once you've agreed they send you an invoice for the required amount.

Now here's where the alcohol helps... you send an international payment to the sellers bank account in Japan, and once they confirm your payment has been received they load it onto a ship and email you the the estimated delivery time, vessel name e.t.c and they also mail you a de-registration certificate, commercial invoice and bill of loading. these documents then get sent to your shipping agent (im using one in Southampton) who unload it when it gets here, notify HMRC/NOVA and invoice you for the import duty (10% of the C&F price) and VAT (20% of the C&F price) aswell as stevedore fees, agents fees e.t.c (a further £250)

The one i bought over in October cost me £1350 for the car and the shipping, after duties and fees and everything else it owed me £2000, so it soon adds up. part of the worry is knowing what to bring in that i can move on pretty easily,

You can also import bikes from Japan aswell, i've made enquiries but they dont offer RoRo shipping on those, and i dont fancy filling a container full.

Edited by wild foamy

Well suppose that is not a huge amount added on to the initial price if you are willing to make all that effort. Does sound like a lot of work, but good luck to you!

Haha after seeing initial post I actually looked for a Honda Prelude with the pop up lights - not dissimilar to the picture you posted. I remember thinking they looked cool...

01w.jpg

Edited by Malleus

Fk me foamy "   Skyline"s..  speed demons,    Aye jimmy your a cheap-skate B),    worse than that,   I was watching a mint pair of Forks [ priced rechroming and refurb mine, -£250]  So I emaiied   the seller, if hed post to UK, [ german ]  yeh £ 17.,  so am  bidding 20euro, 

I kew they  finished at 7.00pm,  a  guy fones me about job 6.55 ,  so I ficks over to see weather ,[ for job]  and forgot to look back on ebay,:eusa_doh:,

they sold  for 30 euro"s. £21 ,,,,,,:icon_twisted:, they were fking mint ,,,, too :cry2:

Edited by blackhat250
  • Like 1

Fk me foamy "   Skyline"s..  speed demons,    Aye jimmy your a cheap-skate B),    worse than that,   I was watching a mint pair of Forks [ priced rechroming and refurb mine, -£250]  So I emaiied   the seller, if hed post to UK, [ german ]  yeh £ 17.,  so am  bidding 20euro, 

I kew they  finished at 7.00pm,  a  guy fones me about job 6.55 ,  so I ficks over to see weather ,[ for job]  and forgot to look back on ebay,:eusa_doh:,

they sold  for 30 euro"s. £21 ,,,,,,:icon_twisted:, they were fking mint ,,,, too :cry2:

Ouch, we've all done it!

Put a calendar notify (Bid) into your mobile phone 5 mins before auction end, I do if it's important to me

• Like 1

On 03/12/2015, 16:00:23, Malleus said:

Well suppose that is not a huge amount added on to the initial price if you are willing to make all that effort. Does sound like a lot of work, but good luck to you!

Haha after seeing initial post I actually looked for a Honda Prelude with the pop up lights - not dissimilar to the picture you posted. I remember thinking they looked cool...

01w.jpg

I've got 18 months to get a deposit for a house, money aint gonna grow on trees!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online