New toy!

bippo
This post is 3592 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nice, although the lamps are the sticky point for me.

Triumph are doing really well in racing so must be doing something right in the engine dept.

Ahh my poor bike's getting a bashing in the light department, lol!!

Just ridden it down to my parents - 200 miles of non motorway bliss and not exceeding 60mph as per the running in schedule. That was tedious!

Tyres are nicely scrubbed in now and it was a good way for me to get to know the bike a little better.

Wow...!

• Like 3

An interesting observation Bippo. Personally I like the lights.

The way the bike manufacturers have pushed the middleweight cc up from 400 to 500 to 600 and now to 700/800 it would be interesting to know how defunked the larger cc bikes are? My FZ does everything well so how much use would an extra couple of hundred cc be? The street is an amazing bike so, on the road, is there much point in going for a speed?

An interesting observation Bippo. Personally I like the lights.

The way the bike manufacturers have pushed the middleweight cc up from 400 to 500 to 600 and now to 700/800 it would be interesting to know how defunked the larger cc bikes are? My FZ does everything well so how much use would an extra couple of hundred cc be? The street is an amazing bike so, on the road, is there much point in going for a speed?

Well you can stay on my Christmas card list Numan... ;-)

I know the Tiger and Street are a different class of bike, but they share the same engine (longer stroke for the Tiger). They also have many other similar components.

Granted I've only done 300 miles on it, but I'm already finding the bike less work. You can't feel the weight and you can flick it about. I'm also finding this bike smoother, it glides along the road. I just need to get into the mindset of going around sunken manholes and potholes instead of over them like I did before! I've jarred myself a few times already...!

I'm still to test it at motorway speeds, but at 60mph I'm not getting so much pressure on my shoulders or head, which surprised me. I thought in would be horrid after sitting behind a big screen.

It has a tonne of torque, as did the Tiger, so pulls without any real thought and I can already see myself using it on long trips.

However, the trip last night showed just how much the Tiger protected me from the elements as I was kind of wishing I had my Buff on me which I've not worn in months. So perhaps I won't be as enthusiastic come autumn/ winter... Who can say?!

The Speed is a really nice looking bike, but as one of the guys said to me in the showroom, the Street is the kind of bike you can just jump on without thinking about it. I get what he's saying after riding it...

I'm liking the lights too - not sure how it will look with travel bags/boxes though

DIRTY BOY!!!

Normally its foamy to drop the sex bomb first tommy, but im not disagreeing with you tho haha

• Like 1

Ye dirty buggers!! Lol...

Yeahhhh... ;-)

• Like 1

Behave peeps!, bipps is amazing and we love her muchly, she even offered to hold my helmet in her soft warm hands at squires... hat was a good day.

• Like 2

Bless you Foamy...

I can't believe it's not F#ckin Butter, Foamy gets blessed & I'm a dirty bugger .... well OK the dirty bugger bit is quite accurate to be honest but Foamy getting blessed come on. the only time he gets blessed is Sunblessed bread to put his butter on. :jossun:

• Like 1

Yay for another street!

I love mine, definitely recommend some different pipes though!