New starter...hi

Samantha
This post is 3652 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hiya All,

I'm Samantha, a lady from Cumbria, UK. Fell in love with a Yamaha Dragstar at a petrol station a few years ago, a lady owner who had toured Europe. I had great admiration for her, I asked and she let me have a sit on her bike and I decided that one day I would have one and tour on it!!

Its taken a while to get past my CBT and invest in my first motorbike. I got myself a YBR125 Custom.....still building up my confidence toward my A, then gonna get myself my dream bike.

Thought I'd join this club to keep my confidence up, looking forward to the info, wisdom, advice and knowledge. Pleased to be here!!!

Sam

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi sam, :welcome: good intro, thers a few girls on here , be good to pass the test eh,,, Enjoy the 125 ,,

Hi Sam welcome on and keep riding, The ladys here seem to be missing of late but sure some will stop in and say Hi.

If not just ask away but be wary of the foams he has a man kinny LOL

Wotcha mate!!

Welcome to the forum :)

:welcome:

Hi Sam, good to see another female rider joining - my wife rides everywhere with me on her bike (she's been a bike instructor) and now our son joins us on his bike.

When he passed his test, we got him a 2003 Fazer 600 (with a 33bhp restrictors kit fitted) - fantastic bike for a relative beginner.

Hope you get the right bike and get your Tours in. :-)

looking forward to the info, wisdom, advice and knowledge. Pleased to be here!!!

Sam

Hi Sam,

Welcome, set your sights high, go for a FJ-1200

Not toooooo sure on the wisdom bit on here :eusa_whistle:

Thankyou all, its great to get such a good welcome from the masters........:0)

Im gonna have my first go on a bigger bike very soon and start preparing for my A test. Don't know why....but I feel it would be safer on a bigger bike.....does that make sense?? I have spent many years riding horses, and eventing, and never felt safe on the little ponies......bigger horses always felt more solid for me....or am I just dreaming...lol (my steel horse here I come!!)

I look forward to being here and listening, thanks for the intro.....xxx

Thankyou all, its great to get such a good welcome from the masters........:0)

Don't know why....but I feel it would be safer on a bigger bike.....does that make sense??

Masters?

Master baiters, perhaps!! :lol:

Perfect sense, though.

Bigger bikes are heavier and more solidly planted in corners, typically with better handling and more money/time/effort spent on the features that make them easier to ride.

You're gonna have a blast!!

Hi Sam

Welcome to the club! There are a lot of very helpful people here and they're so nice, I stayed even though I don't have a Yamaha anymore :)

You're right on the big bike thing. The hardest part is getting used to moving the thing around at slow/no speed, but it feels much more stable on the move. Also nice to know that you can accelerate your way out of trouble :eusa_shifty:

Katie