Biker down >:-(

Ttaskmaster
This post is 3806 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

have the police checked her phone records?

Pleased to hear that you look to come come of it in fair shape

Be prepared for some soreness in areas that you may not have noticed yet, the internal organs dont liked being slammed into the rib cage at 20mph

If I could offer some advice, consider appoint your own solicitior, the ones that work with the insurance companies are paid to settle as quick as possible, for as little as possible

Are the police prosecuting her?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Cheers guys!

All advice duly rogered, especially the whiplash parts ;)

TBH, given that she was probably doing 50-60mph down that road, I'm surprised there isn't more catastrophic damage to the bike.

Strangely, Police didn't breathalyse her or anything. Thought that was a standard requirement.

No idea if they're prosecuting or anything, as I don't think I'll be privvy to that info.

Will check out my own solicitors, although I may have to use whoever my insurance specifies. I almost had a moment, when the bike hire place said they could supply me if the third party insurance had already offered one (considered poaching business, apparently). However, I'm going through my guys on that, for reasons of sense... although I'm getting a Bandit 1250 as a replacement. They didn't have a single Yamaha :(

I'm down near Reading at the moment matey so just shout if you want a hand with anything.

What on Earth brings you to Reading, Bippo?

Work... :-(

But it was a good excuse to ride down! Plus I'm from Windsor originally, so get to see my family.

glad your ok ttasky pain in the arse having to make a claim through no fault of you own with all the hassle and inconvenience but at least you got to walk away from it. hope you get it all sorted soon

Strangely, Police didn't breathalyse her or anything. Thought that was a standard requirement.

that is unusual, when my swift got written off by a careless taxi driver (R.I.P Lovebus #1) even though i wasnt at fault they breathalysed me.

I'm down near Reading at the moment matey so just shout if you want a hand with anything.

Funny thing that, you could always pop over to H'ford and give me a hand... you did offer to hold my helmet at Squires but due to the public presence i declined asif i were a true gent.

Funny thing that, you could always pop over to H'ford and give me a hand... you did offer to hold my helmet at Squires but due to the public presence i declined asif i were a true gent.

Well you know Foamy, I've been waiting for you to contact me, but you've been worryingly quiet... Anyway, am I right in understanding you have a new lady friend to keep you occupied these days?

am I right in understanding you have a new lady friend to keep you occupied these days?

we recently had a contradiction of opinions... :shakeno:

Once again i spend my evenings alone, drinking, crying and masturbating. oh the bachelor life is wonderful.

Once again i spend my evenings alone, drinking, crying and masturbating. oh the bachelor life is wonderful.

Oh... Do you not have a gaming PC then... or at least an XBox? :)

Hire Bike: 2010 Suzuki Bandit 1250...

Black. Looks like this:

Suzuki+Bandit+1250S2.jpg

Looks like it's made out of LEGO!!
It's bigger than expected, but smaller than it looks. It feels even smaller sat on it, especially as the mini-fairing is tiny and low down. Sat on it, this last part is more noticable, as there is a massive open space where a proper screen should be. It looks like I should be bent over the tank as there's a good foot of emptiness in front of me where the bars turn into. It's rather chilly!

It has a rev counter, but the speedo and instrumentation is mostly digital. That kinda sucks. Even the mirrors are low down and wide apart, which doesn't seem right for the upright seating.
It mainly looks bigger because the single exhaust can is comically ma-HOO-ssive!!

Riding position is very upright, the pegs are upswept (presumably to bring your knees in tight against the tank, but my legs are a bit long for that), the bars are also upswept slightly. Were this my own bike, I'd be getting straight bars for it immediately.

Engine hums quietly, but still has the Suzuki signature angry wasp scream when you rev it up. Handling is OK and it's noticably lighter than the FJ, although I haven't pushed is very much yet for reasons I'll mention shortly. It feels lighter and more nimble than other bikes I've ridden, but also feels a bit 'girly' and timid. Normal acceleration is very smooth and roll-on is respectable, but far more disciplined than expected. Not exactly gutless, but not raging either.

I might have a little play with it after a few days and see if it can really do anything. However, first I must put some fuel in, as the fuel tap and choke are both automatic and the bike came with only 'one bar' on the meter - I don't even know how much that is and there's no manual, so if a tiny LCD icon flashing is supposed to be the equivalent of a big red warning light, I only hope I make it to the petrol station!

But the real reason I'm being SOOOOO careful is that the hire guys left me outside my house at 7:30am, on a blatantly icy road, with a bike that has a BRAND NEW front tyre!!!
Seriously, it's still got the little coloured lines and chalk marks on the flippin' thing... I've just had a motorcycle crash and you're giving me an unfamiliar bike on Wintery roads in this condition??!!
Great... cheers...

About the nicest thing about the bike is that the clock whizzes round when you key up the ignition!

In the same way that being in a room where someone farted a lot in the past two hours is not the same as breathing the clean, fresh air of the Norwegian fjords area - The Bandit is acceptable, but it is NOT a Yamaha and nowhere near being an FJ1200!!

No way - It is too small and thin and placid and exposed and electrical and unfaired and slow and... and... and it's a fecking SUZUKI!!!!

Actually, because it's so quiet and gentle with no feel to the ride, it's pretty easy to suddenly find yourself doing 55 down a 40.

It feels like a 400cc version of the Fireblade, but rides like a lower, more upright version of the 700 Deauville I once test-rode!

I'd rather go back to my Cruiser!

I have the 400 Bandit in the garage, sounds like an angry wasp that is not quite sure who to sting, it's a girly's bike and even if you shove a 1200 motor in it it's still a girl's bike. Plus I look like a walrus having sex with a deck chair (oh that is such an ugly picture - where's my mind bleach?) if your over 5 foot 5 and got shoulders wider than a kid you look just daft !!!!

Now now give it a week and then tell me you dont like the fact that it has tons of torque,pulling away in 4th is easy from a dead stop. 1st gear will take you to 60mph+ not that either is practical but if you have a minor tip over and break the shifter its nice to know you can ride it home in any gear DID YOU SAY SLOW no way,it beats the fj in the 1/4 mile and will out run it top speed,personal best in the 1/4 is a 9.98

I will agre the stock bars are wrong I put daytona bars on mine and that puts me in the perfect position to make the farring work,I realy like the FJ's but the new 1300 blast so much heat at the rider in the summer that you have to tape off the ducts or sweat to death,not such a big deal for you guys,but here when the temp run into the high 20's low 30's C it realy takes the fun out of long rides.I switched bikes for a hour and that was enough for me to not trade to the FJ and the FJ feels like a tank at slow speeds,even buddy who I swaped with noted how light the bandit feels.

O well each to thier own I guess,any word on if they r going to wright off your FJ?

it has tons of torque

It feels okay, but far less powerful that I expected. I'm partially just moaning because I really took to that FJ beast and I miss its solid feeling. Kinda like going from cuddling your German Shepherd to a scrawny little Greyhound.

But hey, free bike and it's actually been very easy to ride, so far.

DID YOU SAY SLOW

Why,yes.. yes I did.... :lol::D

Bearing in mind we have icy roads and this is a new front tyre on a bike that's not mine, so I'm taking it very careful-like...

no way,it beats the fj in the 1/4 mile and will out run it top speed,personal best in the 1/4 is a 9.98

What?

Beat the FJ1200?

The FJ1200, not the 1300FJR, right?

Seriously?

Are you trying to take advantage of a cripple here, sir? :P

My body may be smashed, but my mind and my Google Fu are sharp as ever!! :ph34r:

2010 Bandit S 1250

Weight - 239kg

HP - 97HP @7500

Power/weight rating 0.40

0-60 in 3.4 secs

Top speed - 140mph

1/4 mile - 11.29 [email protected]

Goes hummmmm and then BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz

Is a Suzook-ee.... umm... yeah...

1992 FJ1200 3XW (non-ABS version)

Weight - 266kg

HP - 130HP @9000

Power/weight rating 0.48

0-60 in 2.8/2.95 secs (ABS apparently slows the bike down...)

Top speed - 160mph

1/4 mile - 11.10 [email protected]

Growls like it feckin' well means it!

Is a YAMAHA, baby!!! :D

I realy like the FJ's but the new 1300 blast so much heat at the rider in the summer that you have to tape off the ducts or sweat to death,not such a big deal for you guys,but here when the temp run into the high 20's low 30's C it realy takes the fun out of long rides.

Yeah, fair enough point on that, I suppose.

Not really into the FJRs at all, myself. Only the FJs.

the FJ feels like a tank at slow speeds

Yeah, bloody brilliant, innit!!

I kinda like the tank feeling, especially on older models where the faring is a touch loose and you get the ker-chunk-a-chunk going over speed bumps - Sounds like an actual tank!

But then the FJ is what, 27kg heavier...

even buddy who I swaped with noted how light the bandit feels.

It's disconcerting... I expected something more substantial. This feels like one of those gadgets made from a "new, innovative modern structure twice the strength of steel and half the weight of paper" sort of thing.

any word on if they r going to wright off your FJ?

No word yet.

They're sending an engineer out at some point to have a gander and see if it's economical to repair.

If they do write it off, I'll want to keep it, so I have spare parts for the new FJ if nothing else!!

2010 Bandit S 1250 2003 Fazer 600

Weight - 239kg Weight - 189kg

HP - 97HP @7500 HP - 95HP

Top speed - 140mph Top speed - 135mph

1/4 mile - 11.29 [email protected] 1/4 mile - 12.6 secs

Just for the craic,,,,,, taught I would throw in the spec's for a YAM 600 versus the suz 1250

Glad your ok Tasky, so your defecting to Suzuki now?

IT'S A HIRE BIKE!!!!! :madflame:

I did actually enquire whether they had *any* Yamahas at all, even a 600, but apparently these guys get all their bikes in an exclusive Suzi package deal...

They "try to do a like for like replacement", which basically means just matching engine size. When they said I was getting "a 1250", my entire SOUL was praying that it would not be a Ewan & Charley special from BMW!! :eusa_snooty:

Beemer or Suzi... Even if it does feel like something from IKEA, I can live with the latter on a temporary basis, at least!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online