My troubles are over. Finally I get what I deserve!

Grouch
This post is 3811 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Good move Groucho hope all goes well for you,take the time and fix the xt so you learn and have a backup bike for when the new 1 never lets you down but will eventualy and for gods sake I hope that its many miles down the road

hi mate

cracking bike buddy i wanted a WR but they were out of my wifes price range ( not mine) half as much power again as the XT only just learner legal so have fun be safe and put the spanners away

nige

Yeah an extra 5hp than the XT, I'll be fine on it

Good move Groucho hope all goes well for you,take the time and fix the xt so you learn and have a backup bike for when the new 1 never lets you down but will eventualy and for gods sake I hope that its many miles down the road

I'm going to have a go at swapping engines myself. It can't be that hard if I just take not of what I'm doing when I remove the old one.

Nice one grouch!

WR looks awesome! :jossun: and the 2 years warranty is ideal.

Here's to a hassle free few years! AND make sure you run the engine in properly, don't rag the shite out of the bike until you've hit whatever magical mileage they say it's safe to give it the beans.

Yeh grouch"o, go u-tube and watch vids of engine changes, and watch them a few times . :smash:

As long as I take my time I should be ok, should get it done in a day

Nice one grouch!

WR looks awesome! :jossun: and the 2 years warranty is ideal.

Here's to a hassle free few years! AND make sure you run the engine in properly, don't rag the shite out of the bike until you've hit whatever magical mileage they say it's safe to give it the beans.

I will be doing everything properly on it. The last thing I want is to fuck the engine. I will be taking it steady for the first 500 miles or whatever it is.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha "SHOULD GET IT DONE IN A DAY" :rofl::madflame::sigh2:

You could actually do it in less than 6 hours to be fair, depends how much tea you drink. if you want some snap bags to put nuts and bots in drop me a PM and ill send you up some for bugger all and if your nice ill throw in some post it notes to mark them up with.

It really is just a matter of getting good clearance to the motor first, (remove tank etc) un plug the wiring loom but as its just the engine you want out just un plug the wires for that, take carbs off, maybe best to take the wheels and forks out too as this will make removal and insalation 10 times easier, then just un bolt the motor pull it out and dump the new one in and reverse the process. job done

Thanks Noise. I'm not as inept as people think on here. I know I could do it as long as I dont encounter rounded bolts/screws. I have learned quite a lot since buying the XT.

• Like 1

Grouch I meant no offence mate, just could not resist laughing out loud at your optimism, I really hope you do get it done and if you need anything just call. We will all be rooting for you and hope to hear that you have it all sorted soon. :jossun:

Grouch I meant no offence mate, just could not resist laughing out loud at your optimism, I really hope you do get it done and if you need anything just call. We will all be rooting for you and hope to hear that you have it all sorted soon. :jossun:

Haha I know none was taken. I thought you was going to tell me that there is a special time consuming pain staking procedure to remove the engine that will take days.

Yeah, they should detail out what the services are and their charges inc. labour rates. The first service is usually as cheap as chips if you take it back to them.

They also gave me 10% off a decent bike cover, Oxford chain and Oxford disc lock. They even chucked in a free can of ACF50, Yamlube and a few earplugs because I mentioned about trying them.

All-in-all I walked out of the joint feeling pretty sweet. Had I not already bought a helmet, jacket and gloves etc they would have also been reduced too.