Sr doing up

lauragilmour
This post is 3747 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sooo I'm having a little issue, before all this it's started fine now it just doesn't want to start! I put the key in, neutral light comes on, pull the choke, there's petrol in and I press the starter button, and it just makes the noise of wanting to start but it doesn't actually start, I've had a look at the battery, it's topped up with deionised water, the connections are solid, the wires don't look bad any ideas on what it could be? :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so you can hear the starter motor turning ?

have you checked for a spark at the plug ?

also check the fuel lines are connected right make sure any breather pipes are clear also it may be your carb needs cleaning out.

paint looks great, did you lacquer though?

check connections on the TCI and the obvious fuses, just take each one out and check connections.

also did you hook up the live feed to the fuse box when you reconnected the battery?

if you try to start you hear a drill like sound?

Sounds like starter not engaging" :eusa_think: , And" on the fuel tap , is there a prime position ?

Drill sound is the starter not engauging the bendex,you wont have spark unless the motor is actualy turning over.

DID you rember to hook up the ground/earth from battery to motor after ploishing in there.After you got the battery charged and checked all conections then get back we'll get you running again,but its someting simple if you look hard enough I'm sure you will find it.

Kill switch on,netural wire(blue) hooked up, side stand switch hooked up coil pluged in

Have to agree with Noise the rusty carb clamps and bolts pull down all you nice work,can't waite to see the piant in the sun not my colour choice but I like it ,might grow on me when I can see it change colours if you can get it on film er aaa digital haaha.

Ok so stop teasing us with naked picts,how about one with her clothed

• 1 month later...

What happend to Laura was so looking foward to the picts of her little beauty outside?

• Like 2

She probably doesn't want to take a piccy of her "little beauty" for you bunch of pervs...!

Ha ha!

• Like 3

Best drink.out there foams, other good one is a well matured glenfidic

My 2 favourite spirits mate