Deja vu

Grouch
This post is 3830 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Bloody hell Grouch...

I really glad you're back on the forum, and still telling us of your woes despite the ribbing we used to give you.

No technical advice from me I'm afraid (I'm just like you!), but I honestly can't believe the bad luck you have.

It's been said many times by others on the forum, but honestly I'm sure guys on here would help you out in order to try and keep costs down. You only have to say. I can't do much but could act as teasmaid (or bartender!)

• Like 2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

There is a 2005 complete engine here with 15k miles on it. £299 plus £25 postage. LINKY. It would be a couple of hours to take the old one out and put this one in (assuming nothing major changed between 2005 and 2006).

Time to get Trading Standards involved mate. If I remember correctly, you put it in the shop cos it wasn't selecting gears. £350 odd later its still not changing gears

Grouch I'm really sorry mate but if your not going to change the engine then you have to bite the bullet and bin it !!! There is only so much money that you can keep throwing at this bike before you need to say "ENOUGH" seriously you should think about getting rid of it and starting again with something else.

Fk me " 2 hrs should split that thing, and what can be seriously wrong, selector or shift drum,,, there a bunch of useless bastarrds,, :eusa_snooty: they were half way there to fit the shaft, complete tossers.. :madflame:

Thanks guys. I'm going to try talk to talk to the mechanics on Monday (when I've calmed down) and see if they can be decent and we can come to an arrangement.

This is the last straw now. I really don't know what to do. I think I'm just going to get a brand new bike on finance.

Blimey Grouchy, I don't think they seen you coming, I think they called you. :angry: :angry:

as Jimmy said get in touch with trading standards,I had a similar problem with a car a few years and only ended up paying about a third of what they were asking for if they haven't fix it they can take their new parts back off, then get the engine Dirty gave you the link to

& then take Bippo's advice

I haven't paid them or picked the bike up. I'm going to try talk to them first and try to resolve the problem, if not I will be talking to trading standards etc.

So does that mean you pay all the parts and half the labour, or you pay for parts and their labour is free. If its the former, I would suggest they will charge 10hrs labour for a 5hr job or similar doubled up timescale so they're still quids in

Your decision mate, but I would speak with Trading Standards before accepting anything

• Like 1

Well to be honest they have used new parts and that is a fair cost but if they have not fixed the problem then why should you pay for their work? Up to you really if you think it's a good deal then pay but if you don't pay they have the right to keep your bike till you reach a resolution of the problem i.e. They will not return your bike till the bill is settled or the problem resolved. They are in business after all and can ill afford to waste their time and skill. If you go to trading standards and they say you don't have a leg to stand on then your no worse off are you? but you should be quick about it or they can return to their original costs that were quoted to you when you took the bike to them, it is after all not their fault if the bike is not salvageable.

Ffs I feel like fucking it off it has brought me too much misery. At times I have wanted to cry (but couldn't because I'm too masculine). I'm getting a brand new bike on finance so the cash could go towards a the deposit.

Don't know what to do. I just want to resolve the fuck up in a civil manner without me getting shafted.

Seriously what a fucking joke this whole farce has been. I bet people think I'm making it up now.

If you are getting a different bike, good.

What is the bike worth working OK Grouchy; £1300??

Say £400 for a secondhand engine, delivery and fluids plus a couple of hours to fit.

Sell the bike as it is for £700. You get some money back and someone gets a bike that needs some work.

Who was it on here that offered you a deal when you had it on EBAY? give them a PM and see if you can work something out. At least you will come out of it with some dignity as you can tell yourself that someone will fix it up and you won't feel like you got shit on.

UPDATE*****

They have offered to split the labour cost and make me pay for parts. Shall I take their offer?

Yes, but ask for the parts to be itemised so that you can see what has actually been fitted

Now youve got a new bike, look to close this off and focus on the new toy.

For fucks sake, look after this one a bit better

You could either flog the old one as a non runner, or chuck a second hand motor in, either way its a bit of cash towards the new one

Good luck with it, enjoy

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online