Deja vu

Grouch
This post is 3830 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well the bikes been in the garage for two weeks, supposedly waiting on parts. It's not even back on the road yet and I'm stressing out over it. Same old shit. Wonder what 'other problems' they have come across while doing a simple job.

It can't be more than two hours labour and the price of the gear shaft which is what, about 60/70 quid?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Good things come to those who wait Grouch

on the other hand its your bike! get on the phone and keep phoning till its fixed if your to laid back some garage's will take advantage of your good nature and keep putting you to the back of the queue. Make yourself heard and they'll get it done just to get you off their back.

I phoned them yesterday and spoke to the receptionist. She started going on about a bent prong ffs. God knows what she was on about. I will phone them tomorrow.

A "BENT PRONG" FFS what are they talking about? don't phone go down and see the guy in charge and ask what the problem is, if you feel the need ask a mate (who knows about bikes) to go with you and have your bullshit radar turned on as well, sounds like your about to be feed a line here Grouch. If I didn't see it for myself I would start to wonder if you had been bad in a past life Grouch !!!!

There's no way I'm going to get shafted fuck that! Just phoned them. The thread on the sump plug is fucked ( I over tightened it) they had to weld a prong? Onto the inside of the casing, and it needed a new gear shaft thingy. The guy who has been working on it was out so they are going to phone me later to give me an idea of the cost. Easy a minimum of £300 I bet. To. E fair I trust these guys they can be just a bit slow and don't keep me informed. It seems like they have run into a few more problems ffs.

If someone stole it Grouch you could get your money back on the insurance or most likely they would break down in your drive :rofl::bighug::crylaugh:

If someone stole it Grouch you could get your money back on the insurance or most likely they would break down in your drive :rofl::bighug::crylaugh:

I thought about, especially as I had no excess to pay. But knowing my luck it would of backfired. I'm confident that once I get her back it's nothing but trouble free riding from there on.

Oh the wishful thinking of youth, can I come and live in your world Grouch? sounds idealic. :shakeno:

wonder if you had been bad in a past life Grouch !!!!

Aye" aye, he be the lad bent over the barrel,,, on HMS Rogerme.

• Like 1

Foamy it would of been a steal at that

i vaguely remember when you had it on eBay and i had the bid up until about £600... that was before you decided to keep it!.

I'm confident that once I get her back it's nothing but trouble free riding from there on.

I also vaguely remember saying something like that about my Jawa... and look what happened to that!

Foamy it's eating away at you knowing you lost the bargain of a lifetime, you can't sleep on a night stressing over it haha.

All my bad luck has been used now, I've had a lifetimes worth in less than a year.

So, by the rules of foamy logic... next week you will win the lottery, hook up with a tidy little blonde and spend your idle time at the playboy mansion...

... if i understand this whole Karma thing correctly...

Aye" aye, he be the lad bent over the barrel,,, on HMS Rogerme.

Looking for the "golden rivet" no doubt

Looking for the "golden rivet" no doubt

:hah: :hah:

Only a select few will understand that joke...

im guessing at one point he was instructed to look over the side and see if the wheels were going round?...

Just spoke to the garage and after spending £50 on a starter motor, £20 on a new battery and owing the garage £351 for parts and labour, it now needs a new engine. I can't believe it. They are saying there is something wrong inside the gearbox and it would be cheaper to get a new engine.

Did you read what wrote about checking the tranny first,they mis diagnosed the problem so you shouldn't pay them anything.

You took your bike to them and told them it wont shift,so the first thing they should have checked was why did the shaft break,as the shaft has very little resistance on it in normal use they should not break,2 minutes to check that the tranny shifted before ordering anything and they would have known that the tranny was jamed.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online