Pilninggas' new toy

pilninggas
This post is 3827 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

The big grin comes from when you've ridden 520 miles (ie from here to where I'm from in Scotland) all at once in complete comfort, not rushed in the slightest and are as fresh as the minute you started out!

Well, that and long, slow banking as if you're flying a massive bomber... oh, and revving it up with it sounding like a big growly vicious beast instead of a wasp on crack (Sporties all sound like that)!!

Plus, the girlies all LOVE Cruiser bikes - Pulling Powah!!

I have to explain the FJ1200's stats before the ladies are even mildly impressed... :(

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The big grin comes from when you've ridden 520 miles (ie from here to where I'm from in Scotland) all at once in complete comfort, not rushed in the slightest and are as fresh as the minute you started out!

Only with the addition of an expensive saddle like the mustang. I usually lose all feeling in my lower body after about 100 miles with the custom draggie's factory seat. The coccyx bone is usually the first to go...

I knew that toaster would be back :hah:

Your all bastards!! But I wouldn't expect any less and there for love you all to bits!

Saying that but Billy lane made a chopper with kitchen sink parts on it and it looked mad as fook! But he is a bloke with stupid amounts of talent and money!

Only with the addition of an expensive saddle like the mustang. I usually lose all feeling in my lower body after about 100 miles with the custom draggie's factory seat. The coccyx bone is usually the first to go...

Really??

That slouch-seat thing is more comfy than my FJ!!

Really??

That slouch-seat thing is more comfy than my FJ!!

The lean-forward race jockey riding position of the FJs and CBs, the street and sport bikes of this world, tires different parts of the body than the slouchy, feet-forward, cowboy riding pos. of cruisers. Long rides on the draggie just kills my lower back. Maybe because I'm about 20kg overweight...

Time to retake the thread from the dragqueenstar riders.

Just went out, after work and did 140miles on it, what a great little machine. Hustles along a treat. Steers nicely on lanes and A-roads. Overtakes efficently too:

2c4b5013-64b6-4a27-ad38-ecc6401eb7f5.jpg

Seems to generate a lot of interest too.

Came back up the M5 at 80mph all the way, not struggling at all.

Very pleased - looks like it'll be doing a euro run at easter, the Fazer being kept back for my summer grand tour. I don't get why you dr[f]agstar riders don't like the 535. The dragstar 650 looks like a tarts handbag by comparison (fuse lit, time to stand back)....

The lean-forward race jockey riding position of the FJs and CBs, the street and sport bikes of this world, tires different parts of the body than the slouchy, feet-forward, cowboy riding pos. of cruisers. Long rides on the draggie just kills my lower back. Maybe because I'm about 20kg overweight...

Are you short-ish as well, or overly tall?

I'm 5' 11" and my feet are only slightly forward of my knees on a Drag. I also lean back ito it, rolling my hips forward until the weight settles. Then you just take the strain on the arm joints, like an archer does and you're good to go for hours. Leaves room for stretching, too. Kinda hard to explain, perhaps, but you do the same thing behind a drum kit.

Oh, and countersteering is pulling the opposite bar in, almost hanging your weight off that arm.

The main prob I have on the FJ is weight on the wrists. Having broken the left twice and the right thrice, they're not in the best of nick. The seat, however, does somehow put me in a position of getting pins & needles in the nuts... Serious shock first time that happened! Just stepped off the bike and almost fell over!!

I don't get why you dr[f]agstar riders don't like the 535. The dragstar 650 looks like a tarts handbag by comparison (fuse lit, time to stand back)....

I never said *I* didn't like the Viagro.... It's just not for me because it's too small without heavy modification. I did try a 535, at least - Mainly because it's the same one Gary Numan has, but he's 6" shorter! :lol:

I think the main dislike is the upswept tank - It looks like a Dragstar that got longitudinally squished by about a foot, but half the Harleys out there have that too! :lol:

Besides, the Drag may have the long, low sleek looks, but you do have that space under your carbs for keeping yer lunchtime pasties warm on the ride to work ;):P

Honestly though - Nice pic. Camera-phone?

The grainyness gives it an 80s look, that seems to really suit what is one *seriously* shiny piece of motorcycle!!

W-reg, did you say? It looks brand new!

• Like 1

Thats cool merv" i like the colour,,, :yeah:

Yeah it's decent, matches my very worn, very crashed alpinestars dyno jacket.

Honestly though - Nice pic. Camera-phone?

The grainyness gives it an 80s look, that seems to really suit what is one *seriously* shiny piece of motorcycle!!

W-reg, did you say? It looks brand new!

No used my action cam (vivitar 'faux-pro').

It is like new, a little corrosion here and there but 12000miles and all mots and most history.

i'm 5'6" and it fits me like a charm.

I"v just sold my cruisery kinds muscle bike,,,it was an inline four,900cc. guy picks it up tomorrow,, :wavey: Bye bye,,,iliminator..

zlKAWASAKI002.jpg

• Like 1

I"v just sold my cruisery kinds muscle bike,,,it was an inline four,900cc. guy picks it up tomorrow,, :wavey: Bye bye,,,iliminator..

zlKAWASAKI002.jpg

looks tidy

Are you short-ish as well, or overly tall?

I'm 5' 11" and my feet are only slightly forward of my knees on a Drag. I also lean back ito it, rolling my hips forward until the weight settles. Then you just take the strain on the arm joints, like an archer does and you're good to go for hours. Leaves room for stretching, too. Kinda hard to explain, perhaps, but you do the same thing behind a drum kit.

Oh, and countersteering is pulling the opposite bar in, almost hanging your weight off that arm.

The main prob I have on the FJ is weight on the wrists. Having broken the left twice and the right thrice, they're not in the best of nick. The seat, however, does somehow put me in a position of getting pins & needles in the nuts... Serious shock first time that happened! Just stepped off the bike and almost fell over!!

I'm 5'9", and I suppose I may have got into the habit of sitting a bit more straight up than I should. Weekend weather is looking good so might try a longish ride up to the Cotswolds or something.

The wrist thing I find as well on the CB, and yes the numb nuts on a long ride! According to a sporty rider friend of mine, the trick for avoiding wrist strain is to tuck your elbows in and *not* keep your arms straight, which transmits your weight down to your wrists. You're meant to keep your upper body in the right position with your stomach muscles alone.

I don't get why you dr[f]agstar riders don't like the 535. The dragstar 650 looks like a tarts handbag by comparison (fuse lit, time to stand back)....

Oooooh you cheeky bitch! I'd ask you to step outside, but I've only just done me nails... ;-)

Tidy bike you got there Piln, and I see it comes with a handlebar that's different and better from the utterly hideous OEM one. That's half the battle won right there. Now if only it had a bigger tank... and didn't look so squished lengthwise.

toutsuite you spotted the bars before i could say anything lol

i personally didnt like the 535 because two up its cramped as hell

its too light(wait till you ride it i bad weather)

and for me it was the most uncomfy bike i've ridden(but thats a personal thing)

i also find the power in the virago up against the draggie is very noticable

look back in my posts i spent a fortune doing up a virago after my crash and as soon as i started riding again i could'nt wait to get rid of it lol

toutsuite you spotted the bars before i could say anything lol

i personally didnt like the 535 because two up its cramped as hell

its too light(wait till you ride it i bad weather)

and for me it was the most uncomfy bike i've ridden(but thats a personal thing)

i also find the power in the virago up against the draggie is very noticable

look back in my posts i spent a fortune doing up a virago after my crash and as soon as i started riding again i could'nt wait to get rid of it lol

I've ridden quite a few lighter bikes and can imagine that the front will be all over the place in the wet, so it'll be used sparingly in the wet. The width of the front wheel and the lack of feel of the front brake concern me a bit more, but I will strip and clean the caliper in the next month or two.

two up cramped - not something that concerns me, i have the Fazer for proper stuff. Solo it's great for me as i'm diminutive, at least when it comes to height.

I assume the dragstar has more torque than the xv535, but then it has 25% more cubes and is a more sophisticated design engine-wise.

I like it, it's certainly different to the FZ1, where i just go charging around at license killing speeds (what fun that is though).