Pilninggas' new toy

pilninggas
This post is 3820 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

###photos will follow, when camera is located####

Just bought an xv535dx via ebay. 2000W for £1100.

Never had a 'custom' before, so new ways of riding for me.

picked it up, didn't have much go but sorted easily the carb diaphams were sticky (have an fzr1000 so knew the symptoms instantly). How accessible is this thing?

Sorted it out in 5 minutes, then took it for a 20 miles sortie....excellent little bike, very different to the FZ1 i usually use. Front brake pathetic, but it overtakes well, handles predictably and is so, so light.

Looking forward to some mini-touring on it, maybe the Netherlands again or Luxembourg.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

My deepest sympathies for you mate.

• Like 1

He isn't a fan of Virago's!!

that's fair enough, i looked at a few dr(f)agstars, but they were a bit OTT for my liking.

Awaiting pic's,,,,,,,,

big change of riding style for you merv,,,,,,,,,,, sur that'll be good fun

There'll be some sparks flying on that merv knowing how you ride :D

already touched down both pegs...

you can filter with ease on it too, it's quite flickable. Just requires setting up for the turns and not to be pushed [i learn fast!].

Neversaydie...........ah too shay! But even that toaster will make a viggy look better! Ha ha.

Welcome to the world of cruisers Piln! Not a huge fan of the look of the viggy myself, but they're undeniably good little bikes. And who knows what you might upgrade to in the future... :ssst:

Welcome to the world of cruisers Piln! Not a huge fan of the look of the viggy myself, but they're undeniably good little bikes. And who knows what you might upgrade to in the future... :ssst:

thanks, i was never really sold on the look of any cruiser but want something a little different.

Doubt i'll upgrade, i've got an FZ1 for 'proper riding'....

Remember it ain't a true viggy with out studs and tassels ha ha.

Na glad for you mate, as long as your happy with it and enjoy it.

not exactly words i'd use lol

In the sense of getting you from A to B reliably and safely, they are good little bikes. In the sense of giving you that huge grin on your face, not so much, I'll grant you...