What is this Part/Fitting?

Matthew Duncan
This post is 3919 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

anyone be able to tell me the name of this things?

as you can see from the pic, one side is threaded, and the other side is knurls for attatching a hose to.

Need one for my scottoiler project, but dunno what they are called!

theres a hole all the way through it

dqowlk.jpg

Thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

anyone be able to tell me the name of this things?

as you can see from the pic, one side is threaded, and the other side is knurls for attatching a hose to.

Need one for my scottoiler project, but dunno what they are called!

theres a hole all the way through it

dqowlk.jpg

Thanks!

Well, it's a hose connector but might have a proper name? :eusa_think:

Barbed threaded union,well thats what I would call it.

Yep hose tail connector.

Well different name's from different places :shrug: But .....................................................................................................................................

...It's deffinatly not a reverse muffler bearing, they are all square shaft with left thread.

It's called a Scottoiler Universal Spigot, according to their webshite.

There's always one SMARTARSE!!!!!

Its a barbed hosetail. Be careful with any measurements as I think they measure using the inside diameter.

Also ideal if you have a broken airbox air pipe connection - the type molded on that snap off when someone has tried to pull off an air tube.

There's always one SMARTARSE!!!!!

If you're going to order a part, is it not a good idea to know what the suppliers call it?

Call it what you like, Scottoiler will be far more efficient if you use their terms.

Only joking Ttasky!!!!

Its a barbed hosetail. Be careful with any measurements as I think they measure using the inside diameter.

Also ideal if you have a broken airbox air pipe connection - the type molded on that snap off when someone has tried to pull off an air tube.

Nice tip Dirty one to remember should I ever need it

• Like 1

interesting fact I learn't a few days ago about LPG a plumber on site were I was working was saying how it heavier than air and doesn't mix with air, if you get a leak on say a boat for instance it build's up at the bottom and can't escape. He was saying he had just completed a coarse

where the instructor told him you have to bail it out with a bucket he said you'll look a proper dick but that's how to do it,

I thought this was a windup so I painted LPG on a bucket and gave it him as a present, to convince us he wasn't joking he filled the bucket up with LPG waited about 30 secs then threw a match in, wow it was still in there alright. don't think i'll be messing round with that stuff looks really dangerous to me, hope you know what your doing foamy wouldn't want you getting blown up before I get my T shirt. :crylaugh:

indeed it is heavier than air, hence why LPG boats have extractor fans in the bilges to purge them before starting incase there is a leak :), i briefley looked in to converting a 5.7L mercruiser in a fletcher speedboat until i realised i didnt have the cash :(.

LPG and carbon monxide are both Heavier than air, thats why you shuold never lay on the floor to chech for leaks when running a eng,monxide builds up in your system never to leave.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online